Before you buy a layout boat, check this out!

Tom Boehmer

We have been working on a new design and are finally in the finishing stages. The new EBADS Vessel will be launching in a couple of weeks. It is 13' 6" in length and has a beam of 4' 2", it will have a motor rating of 10 hp. The wt capacity will be 500 + lbs, (do not know actual number yet, but will let you know as soon as test is done). The boat is still designed for layout hunting but we have increased the stability and control of this boat. It handles like a dream and has surpassed any and all tests we have put it thru. We have loaded the prototypes down with 800 lbs of gear and with a 7 hp long tail hit speeds of 7 mph going into the wind. With a 450 pound load (Motor, guy & gear), and a 7 hp long tail we averaged 13 mph on GPS. We put on a 9.9 outboard and with 2 guys hit 21 mph on GPS.

We have some photos on our website @ https://fourriverslayoutboats.com/products/ebads-vessel
I will get photos and post here also.

You can also see an intro video @ http://youtu.be/uKT_YKV_eKw

Tom,
i had the pleasure of seeing your new boat in person when i recently visited your plant. That boat is the the cats meow. It has everything a duckboat could need. stability, stealth,and function. I will be purchasing one in the near future. I applaud you for listening to what duck hunters want in a boat and designing to meet their needs!

Thanks, it does not do any good to build a product nobody wants. We have tried to make this the safest, best handling and functional layout boat on the market. What a way of kicking off our 15th year in the business.

Thanks Blaine, If you are ever in the area again, please stop in.

I tried and it will not seem to let me, any advice?

Thanks and sorry if I posted it wrong.

Members with less than 30 posts cannot post to the classifieds.

I think that's the problem , Tom....but seeing as you're a Platinum Sponsor it should be grounds for an exemption.

Last edited:
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
I tried and it will not seem to let me, any advice?

Thanks and sorry if I posted it wrong.

Members with less than 30 posts cannot post to the classifieds.

I think that's the problem , Tom....but seeing as you're a Platinum Sponsor it should be grounds for an exemption.

MLBob
[/quote]

This link will Give Tom all the info he needs regarding posting ads; In addition to the above, these rules apply to commercial posters.

Yes, as stated in the rules, "
[/font]Commercial Posters wanting to sell items in the classifieds must receive prior permission from a Moderator"[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica], Eric can and does make exceptions.
[/font]

Tom

Sorry for the delay in sounding off on this one...been working 13+ hour days, haven't had a day off in at least 7 weeks, but alas...I'm packing this afternoon and heading for Ohio...

On to the matter at hand...here is my take. Please do check out the Commercial Poster Guidleines through Dave's link. Thought there are some grey areas, it is there pretty much in a nut shell. I see your post falling under this clause:

Starting a thread that gives background information, technical knowledge or other insight to the use of your product/service is acceptable and encouraged as long as it is done tastefully.

However, it is skirting on the edge of this discription:

Starting a thread in a blatant manner of boasting or promoting your product/services is forbidden and will result in the thread being removed at the discretion of a Moderator without warning

Seeing as I did not remove it, I would say my official ruling is that it fits under the first clause...the key difference is tasteful vs. boasting. Looking at your past posts, you have some contribution before you came on the scene with the business push. Go ahead and add a couple pics to the post if you'd like. If in the future you want to bounce any ideas off me before you post, or otherwise have questions about the "guidelines", feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll try to keep Deputy Dave in line.

Best
Chuck

Thanks and sorry if I crossed the line, not intended to by no means.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend off, sounds like very much deserved.

Interested to see how this boat performs with a 10hp surface drive.

With the motor weighing around 110lbs and a boat weight capacity of 550lbs, this boat couldn't be considered a 2 man boat. If the weight capacity could be bumped up to 750lbs and the motor bumped up to a 15 hp. this could be a great boat for those muddy tidal areas in south Jersey.

The boat seems very reasonably priced at $1550 but the motors are around $2700 plus a trailer at 600-700 makes this a $5,000 package which may be a hard sell.

Overall I really like this boat and hopefully the surface drive test will surprise me...I really don't like long tail mud motors and I think that a surface drive is just the ticket to make this an awesome package.

Last edited:
Mike, I totally agree with your comments. Just for the record though, The person capacity is based on a formula using the weight capacity of the boat by the Coast Guard. According to the formula, it legally would be rated 3 persons, but I know that is not realistic. I also realize that 2 person is a hard stretch but some guys do put 2 people in to get to a spot or hunt in tall cover so they will not be using as a layout boat. Any body who uses this for layout can safely only have 1 person in it.

I agree with you and hope the surface drive impresses you, me and everybody else!

I took it out yesterday and had a 9.9 hp outboard in some not so calm water, hit 21 mph with it. I need to adjust the trim some more and think could get another couple of mph if I really wanted to try it.

The boat handled it very good. I have some video glasses on but actually only recorded myself getting out of the boat. OOPS!!!

I will keep you posted as soon as we get the surface drive in.

Thanks

Tom,

Any updates on the surface drive yet.....kinda curious????

We got in a 9 hp Orion Outboards surface drive and had the boat loaded to the max with 550 lbs of motor, guy and gear and hit 13 mph in about 4" of water and mud bottom. We just got in a 12 hp motor to put on the Orion frame and will try it this week or weekend. We are entering all the data on a spread sheet and will make available to show how the boat performs with all types of motors. We will probably rate this boat for a 13 hp motor. I have checked with the Coast Guard and all the testing is the same for the a 10 to a 15 hp. I know the boat will handle a 15 hp fine, but am pulling back a little to rate it for a 13 hp for safety sake.

Back