"bigger boat"

Steve,

What is the reason for the change in the fore to aft curve at the pods on the Back Water 11? Is it to help keep the nose down based on the small size an HP?

Scott,

The center of the boat is 48" wide. The reason why the middle is the widest is for stability. The pods on the back is to help with the weight of the motor. I think a mud motor will work great, so I did not want the aft to make the bow ride high.

Steve

Hey Steve

Would the Backwater 11 use a long or short shaft motor? I have a 6 and a 10hp short shaft.

Is the bottom of the boat flat or more curve shaped. A few of the pics make it look like the bottom has a bit of a curve to it. I know that it's slightly curved from side to side, but it looks like there is a bit of curvature front to back as well

finally,where you have the duck, can you mount a bracket or piece of metal that runs from the front of the boat to the back. This would be to keep the decoys securely in place and keep them from moving around while the boat is moving.

I can't get enough of this boat. I log into Duckboats like 6 times a day just to look at the pictures of this boat.

Last edited:
Mike,

I am getting the same reaction from everyone! The boat is set up for a short shaft or 16" shaft. The hull is unique. The bow has the "v" and it goes to a flat bottom. We have a slight roll on the port and starboard sides from the bow to 24" from the stearn. The hull has three keels for steering. I can add a 1x1 angle that will be even with the top rail. I could even add curtains on both sides to assure that the decoys stay in place. Let me know if you have further questions.

Best of gunning,

Steve

Back