Black Brant Mod

Very nice work. If you hadn't said that it was your old boat, I would have thought it was brand new.

BTW, you still have a sweet shop but apparently you forgot the heat. ;)

Mike, thanks. I think it is a nice addition. Thomas looked at it last night and said I need to add GI bed mat to the deck to sit on. The work never ends...

Tod, as long as water isn't getting past epoxy into wood you can wait as long as needed. I'll caution you though, unlike Steve Sanford who cranks out beautiful work at breakneck speed, you may find you move at a slower pace than when you built and last refurbed your Snowgoose. Cold temps slowed me down, but I move slower too. Maybe having multiple projects on the bench is the cause and not age. I'll go with that.

SJ, I have heat in the woodshop but didn't do much work in there. Instead I worked in the garage side of my building where paint drifting on to restored machines isn't a concern. The large quantity of dust created while sanding is easier to deal with too. I just open a garage door and turn on a large fan which pushes it outside. Dust collection on my machinery is better than hand sander dust collection.

Tod, as long as water isn't getting past epoxy into wood you can wait as long as needed. I'll caution you though, unlike Steve Sanford who cranks out beautiful work at breakneck speed, you may find you move at a slower pace than when you built and last refurbed your Snowgoose. Cold temps slowed me down, but I move slower too. Maybe having multiple projects on the bench is the cause and not age. I'll go with that.

You are 100% right, I like to take it slow. The boat is in good/great shape now, I'd just like to touch some things up. I really beat the piss out of it the first few years I had it, so the first time I refurbed it - it was ready. Now, it is mostly little things and I want some new electronics for fishing, want a light bar, want to repaint. there are still some neat little touches I planned originally, but never did and I'd like to.

Eric,
Nice work, as expected. :cool:
I've been in MN ice fishing since last Friday. The last of the "moderate" temperatures are ending with the coming weekend. High temps on Sunday and Monday will not break zero.
1704764137551.png

Dave, I think we are about to see a push of ducks, all at once, that has not been seen in many years.
Eric,
Just talked with my wife back home in Iowa. Snowfall over night was 7 inches with another 3 inches on the way today.
Ducks are going to have to move out of here to find food. Most of our grain piles are now snow covered. 😅😅

First time since 98 I didn't hunt from one of my Devlins but I'm okay given the final result of the hull repairs, deck mod, and refurb and upgrades. The pictures show the motor mounted and its fit with the splash well. Plenty of clearance to tilt her higher than called for. The wiring is all new including the battery box. I added a cowl mounted nav light, LED strip light, bilge pump, and KC spot lights on the bow. Ready for next season.

Attachments

• Img_6237.jpg
    Img_6237.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6238.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Img_6240.jpg
    Img_6240.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6241.JPG
    IMG_6241.JPG