duckboats.net Sporting Clays Outing - SW Michigan or N Indiana

Chuck J

Hey guys,

Sent a shout out by text last night and got a couple positive replies, but haven't heard from a few yet, don't know if I don't have current numbers or you just don't want to deal with me. Anyway, I'm thinking either day of the last two weekends of March (22, 23, 29, or 30). Meet up at a range in GR or K-zoo area, shoot, and maybe a pot luck and bull session afterwards. Who's interested? Who has a suggestion? Blendon Pines isn't far from me, but I know nothing of the place other than driving by it coming back from a duck hunt out that way. Be cool if there was some "gathering area" we could use afterwards.

Obviously not just open to the local crowd...if you want to drive, come on over...

Thoughts?

Chuck

Last edited:
That's something I might be interested in but I think I'm going to be in Texas bow hunting hogs during at least one of those weekends. Put me on your contact list please unless you're restricting it to only Michigan members.

That's something I might be interested in but I think I'm going to be in Texas bow hunting hogs during at least one of those weekends. Put me on your contact list please unless you're restricting it to only Michigan members.

Oh heck no Pete, you're more than welcome!

And let me add, this isn't going to be highly competitive...heck, I think I'm going to shoot lefty, and I may not even have a bead on my barrel!

In that case I'd shoot my 28. Let me know what date you decide on - I'm not sure when I'll be in Texas but if I'm around I'll join you.

Sounds like fun but the distance is prohibitive for me. Pete, maybe you need to shoot with your bow to make it fair. ;-))

Sent a shout out by text last night and got a couple positive replies, but haven't heard from a few yet, don't know if I don't have current numbers or you just don't want to deal with me.

Maybe you would have better response if you had sent the PM's anonymously. :>) :>)

Sent a shout out by text last night and got a couple positive replies, but haven't heard from a few yet, don't know if I don't have current numbers or you just don't want to deal with me.

Maybe you would have better response if you had sent the PM's anonymously. :>) :>)

OK that right there is funny

Boy, I dunno, I can do 'ok' with moving targets on the ground but that flying stuff still baffles me. I think the best I've ever done on the the flying disks at the archery events is 2 or 3 out of 10. I'd like to have access to one of the flying disk chuckers to practice with but I don't know anyone who has one. Might have to build one.

Boy, I dunno, I can do 'ok' with moving targets on the ground but that flying stuff still baffles me. I think the best I've ever done on the the flying disks at the archery events is 2 or 3 out of 10. I'd like to have access to one of the flying disk chuckers to practice with but I don't know anyone who has one. Might have to build one.

Sounds like me shooting left-right crossers on a skeet field. Fortunately I do a little better on live birds.

Oh heck no Pete, you're more than welcome!

However we may decide to restrict access of certain members from Iowa

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

What's the matter Chuck,,,,,,,,,, afraid of getting whooped ? You'll be so busy deciding whether or not to use your front bead, that beating you would be child's play.
[/font]

Last edited:
Any chance that I have to show Chuck, "How it's done." You can count me in;)

Several years ago I shot sporting clays and 5-stand at Blendon Pines for a DU event and it was a very nice course with a great club house.

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

What's the matter Chuck,,,,,,,,,, afraid of getting whooped ? You'll be so busy deciding whether or not to use your front bead, that beating you would be child's play.
[/font]

I am handicaping myself just for you...bring it on!

Keep this link updated with the dates/location. Wrestling will just about be done around that time and I will have some free time again. Family in k-zoo and might be able to make something happen on my end.

Keep this link updated with the dates/location. Wrestling will just about be done around that time and I will have some free time again. Family in k-zoo and might be able to make something happen on my end.

I'd be fine if it ended up in K-zoo or otherwise south of me if it could potentially attract more out of staters. I haven't had time to go through all the ranges in that link Brian posted yet, but it would be nice to hear some first hand knowledge of these places...hint, hint

Now that I've finally been invited by the venerable host....I'd perhaps be up for something on either Saturday or Sunday late afternoon. K-Zoo is much closer for me but I'd consider going to GR as well.

Now that I've finally been invited by the venerable host....I'd perhaps be up for something on either Saturday or Sunday late afternoon. K-Zoo is much closer for me but I'd consider going to GR as well.

Oh, didn't know you thought you were so special as to need a personal invite...thought you were just sleeping. When we get a date and location, I'll be sure to engrave you a formal invite.

As convenient as it would be for me to have it in the GR area, somewhere closer to the Indiana line would make it a better regional draw rather than just the locals. Rich is working on getting some info on ranges down there, if anyone knows of good ones (or ones to avoid) please speak up.

Chuck

Back