East Coast roll call.....Check in when you can.

Just got power back today.. Had the whole week off from school. One of the last towns to get power back second year in a row...

That was one hell of a storm. Seaside Heights is trashed (Jersey Shore was cancelled anyway) Heard Point Pleasant is like gone. There are like 8+ houses (big ones) that are gone in Bay Head....just like disappeared. I have not had time to watch TV to assess the damage but all that I have been hearing is not good. Two boys were swept away from their mother's hand from a wave in Staten Island (I think) Still haven't found them. Morgue was filling up at the hospital last night.

Our house was spared. Just lost power and cable for two days. Luckily I had a generator. Had to take a COLD shower though. Haven't done that since the 90's and it still sucked. My brother didn't do so well. His house is trashed and lost both of his cars. Flooded up to the windows. One car was a brand new Accord with the temp tag still on it so it should be showing up real soon on a Auto Lenders lot. I feel bad for him....Only married 2 and a half months and they have to go through this.

Worse thing is trying to get gas. At least 70-80% of the stations by me are closed. 10% that have power have no gas and the other 10+% have long lines. Fortunately for me, I have a home/office and the hospital is 5 minutes from my house. I was able to go to WAWA and literally was in and out in 15 minutes. They had three people directing trafic and did and excellent job getting everyone in and out. Filled up my truck and 9 gallons of gas cans.

This has been a really horrible storm and my prayers go out to the families in need. The Jersey shore is forever changed. We are not allowed to go over the bridge...which is what everyone wants so we can really see the damage. I just feel so bad for my friends that have summer homes there and some that live there year round. They lost everything. I bet that there are a lot of nice old Crowell and Shrouds decoys bobbing around the Barnegat right now.

Wow Mike. Glad you guys made it through "relatively" ok. Sorry to hear about your brother. It's a damn shame that the shore and BB were hit so hard. Although I never lived there, I travelled many long hours down the GSP to go scouting and hunting and it felt like a second, comfortable, home to me. I'm certain it will recover!

Take care of yourselves.

Sincerely

Anthony

It blew pretty good here in Montauk, Wind gust over 80kts.I rode it out at the dock on the Windy We had 3' of water over the bulkhead, the Nappeague Stretch broke thru washed out the causeway to Star Island where I dock, had a tree come down in the backyard that landed on one of my duck boat. But it was nowhere near as bad as what happened back west on the island or in New Jersey. I wish you guys all the luck in the world. You have one hell of a mess back there.

well im checking in we got hammered on long island lost a couple of big trees and a mess of fence oh yeh and got over 40 stitches when i fell into my steel shed while cutting up some trees the storm blew the shed off of the base and punched a hole in the steel and i found the jaged edge , boat made it ok . godspeed to all of my fellow long islanders and nj

OH MAN!! So sorry to hear about the injury. Make it through the storm then get hurt during the cleanup. That sucks! Since you brought it up though, glad the boat is okay.

Back