Favorite Picture from Last Year?

I found it difficult to sort the photos down to "the favorite", but Daisy's goose wins.

A close second was the "ice'd goose".

Don't post Much but I love to share my photo's. And love my life on the SouthShore of LI.
Foggy Morning towing the tender to layout shoot.
PC050001.jpg

Red sunrise
duck0809132.jpg

Beautiful Pintail and Black limit
P1040042.jpg

I had a good duck hunting season last year with lots of different weather patterns which is very unusual for around here. During the course of the season I was able to capture some decent pictures of ducks coming into my blocks and my girls, Chili and Pepper, retrieving some. But when I think of the best shots, it has to be during the early teal season when this 4 foot female western diamondback decided not to bite me even though I sat down 12 inches from her where she had curled up for the night. All I can say is that I am one very fortunate duck hunter.
Al

IMG_4803.jpg

IMG_4816.jpg

My friend, Tim Mitchusson, came over to check on me, and he is the one who took my walking stick and removed her from the spot where Chili and I had been sitting.

IMG_4831.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, great pics everyone!!!
My favorites from 2011 are; the first wood duck hunt for my daughter, and the first field goose hunt with my son. And I always have to have a "Dog on watch" pic when the morning flight is slow...

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_2001x.jpg

Hey Carl, she is not gunning yet. Papa bagged those, so you are both still even on the mallards! You better hurry though, she will probably be gunning in the 13-14 season.

This was my favorite and saddest one too. This was my buddies last hunt. He was 12 and gave me all he had all of his life.
7a89fae0.jpg

Troy Fields, as a father that has a wheelchair bound daughter, thank you! Great pic and thank you for doing that for a special little girl.
John V.

Here are my favorite two from the laguna madre!
lagunamadresunrise-1.jpg

Earl is starting to show some age. This will be his 8th season coming up.
earlandducks.jpg

My favorite hunting partner always makes the top of my list. Faith was 6 last season and this was her 1st hunt w/ her new waders. she asked to stand in the water w/ the boat as I got the trailer. I told her not to go above her ankles. I come back to find her up to her waist. I was biting my tongue so hard trying not laugh. She's just like her father.

View attachment Faithwaders.jpg

A few w/ Lady M
View attachment LadyM1.jpg

View attachment LadyM2.jpg

View attachment LadyM3.jpg

Foggy morning during deer week.
View attachment DeerWeek.jpg

Really find the top picture of the Solitary Sandpiper on the goose decoy hilarious. Great pictures everyone. Makes me ready for the new things this season holds since I will be moving to Texas.

Chased this "ghost widgeon" for over a year. It flew in a very large flock of birds that wintered on one of our coastal bays. One day last year the rains came and really flooded things up. We hunted a neighboring field that was holding many widgeon. I killed it by a stroke of luck as the sun hit a group of 150 banking into the dekes just right. I didn't even know it was still alive. Absolutely blew my mind.

P1160104-1.jpg

Back