February "What's on your Workbench?"

Thanks Jim and Justin,
John , yes the turkey has a blind mortised hinge. (Top center) It will be a "suitcase" bird. The hook eyes on the bottom will secure it when closed. It's smaller then the one I made last year, more suitable for running and gunning.

Dang Jode and Sean, the cool meter is maxed out on your decoys.
That turkey reminds me that I should actually finish painting the canvas one I made a couple years ago.

Tim

Dang Jode and Sean, the cool meter is maxed out on your decoys.
That turkey reminds me that I should actually finish painting the canvas one I made a couple years ago.

Tim
THAT RIGHT THERE IS THE TRUTH!

justin

how do you make heads out of foam that are strong enough? I've been using wood heads for my foamers but I would like to switch to somthing lighter.

Jake, ck out foamdecoys.net forum, tons of info on foamers& cork, wood & molded foam decoys. A guy "Don Mintz"posts there & sells several dvd's all about making foamers. He shows to sandwitch a piece of hardboard between 2 pieces of foam. He carves the bill under sized& coveres it with poxysculpt(sp). They also show how to put flocking on decoys. Hope this helps.
Dennis

Finished bobtails that I donated to a local Pheasants Forever dinner.

Buffies.jpg

Oldsquaw rig is almost ready to paint. I still want to do three more hens then I'll paint. All are hollow White Cedar or White Pine, and will be painted in oils.

Tom, nice looking rig. Did you splice in a hardwood for those tails? I have orders for a couple pairs and up until now I have made cork squaw, and have been considering what to do for the tail. Thanks.

are sean's turkey pics working for anyone, all I get is the red X and these are the photos I've been waiting on!!!!!!!!!

Sean

Try uploading them to this site or an independant photo site. It seems the site you used has a log in block in place to keep their bandwidth from being used elsewhere (I don't blame them for this)

Chuck

Have mercy is right and get a load of those flying woodies in the background. Sean and Jode, your work is inspiring as always. Thanks for posting!

Sorry, I missed Sean in the original post.

Last edited:
Back