Gun help/advice

You will never get what it is worth.... so, just give I to me... and I will hold it for you, till you want it back

awesome gun, sold one for a guy a little over 10 years ago, bluing was better than yours and I believe we got about a grand for it. Don't know what the market is doing now.

It would be hard to sell my grandpa's model 42...

Armslist looks like a good site but i am curious how payment is normally made. I realize shipping is done through a licensed dealer.

Do people actually pay large dollar amounts for a gun sight unseen?

Armslist looks like a good site but i am curious how payment is normally made. I realize shipping is done through a licensed dealer.

Mark,
I purchased a thousand dollar + firearm thru an on-line site. However, in my case, I was close enough that I drove to meet the seller to inspect said firearm.

Most like a 3 day no firing inspection period to make sure the gun is as represented

Armslist looks like a good site but i am curious how

Most like a 3 day no firing inspection period to make sure the gun is as represented

That makes sense if both parties can't meet in person...

Thanks!

I can't help you on where to sell it, but I can tell you that I I'm jealous (glad for you) that you have a gun of your Grandfather's to part with. I would really encourage you to consider keeping it or giving it to someone who would treasure it. Can't get it back once it is gone.

I agree about not selling. Back in the day every top notch skeet shooter had or wanted to own a Model 42, one Sweet Shooter. If the numbers match, and it still does what it was intended to do you have a very good "Shoot Gun". Squirrels tremble at the sight of one in a hunters hands...

I never knew my Grandpa, he passed when I was 3. Like the other grandsons who were born before his death the gun was supposed to be handed down to me when i turned 16. Because my step grandpa was using it for hunting (rabbits, squirrels, and deer) i didn't receive the gun until I was 30. I have held it ever since and even hunted with it a few times. If I had known my grandpa, or even anything about him, I would keep the gun in my possession. No one has ever spoke much of him over the years so all i know of him is his name.

All numbers match on this gun, my grandpa bought it new in 1940 the only story of him I have heard is how he fed the family real good with that gun.

We see a couple 42's every year, $1,000 - $2,000 depending on the usual variables. GunBroker, other auction sites are one way. Larger used gun shops will offer $800 credit/$1,000 retail; likely $650 cash/$1,000 retail, just a rough ballpark. Like others said, do you really need to sell? If so, fine....but 42's are increasing in value every year.

That he fed his family real good with that model 42, sez it all. The gun is priceless, hopefully someone in your family can carry on that history and tradition. My grandfather died in 1936, I was born in 1950, if ANY of his guns ever come my way I will feel honored to have them and pass them down in our family. I tend to get attached to things like that.

Hey Tom,

Do you have any nice Model 12s at KTP right now? Been looking for one for upland for a while....in 16 or 20.

Nice to see you on the board.

Best,
Nate G.

That he fed his family real good with that model 42, sez it all. The gun is priceless, hopefully someone in your family can carry on that history and tradition. My grandfather died in 1936, I was born in 1950, if ANY of his guns ever come my way I will feel honored to have them and pass them down in our family. I tend to get attached to things like that.

No shit. That captures my feeling exactly.

So brow beat the guy for being a callous, uncaring, insensitive Grandson who would have the very nerve to sell something that he has "zero" attachment to.....nice job Gentlemen.....not everyone forms attachment to inanimate objects and not everyone feels the same about people they never knew that you do.....the guy wants to sell the gun....he asked for help in doing that....I don't recall him asking to be criticized because what he wants isn't the same as what you want.....

In the end "it's a gun"....he wants to sell it.....ease up on the...."how dare you's".....

Steve

Back