July workbench

Looks good John. That is a heck of a crappie, over 19 is a hog.
I think you will be fine without an airbrush on the crappie. It will just take some time with all the specks. I gave up trying to use an airbrush and only use regular brushes on fish anymore.

Tim

Good Lord, what a slab!!
I never caught one even close to that where I grew up in PA.

John, Your daughter caught one heck of a monster crappie ! Never seen one that big in the northern states . Carving looks great and good luck with the painting. Looking forward to seeing the completed fish.

Ken

Channel Catfish watercolor that is nearly done.

ccat2_zps9907296b.jpg

Tim

man next month we are going to have to start a fish carving and painting thread too with all this good work!!!

Great jobs John and Tim

had a busy weekend in the shop.

corkers are for a DHBP member who wanted a teal rig for this season. two gwt and a pair of bwt, am happy he gave me a little freedom to carve on them. I hope they turn out as planned with their clothes on.

wood bwt drake is an urn for a fella in Georgia's dog who passed away earlier this year.

the wood shov in the back is upon request of Mr. Gregory.

If the folks at Tohickon would get off their collective behinds I could get all the cork birds sealed and primed this week.

14669C04_zps14acba0a.jpg
[/URL]

Sweet woody Geoff! We should have some down at the club this year. Looks like we'll have good water this season. Can't wait to see them run the slough in the morning... Pat

Nice woodie Geoff.
Tim, not many eiders where you come from but it sure will be effective up here.
Bob, waiting to see what you do with this one.

Amazing work everyone.

Final sanding and detailing is done. Tomorrow I will seal them and its on to paint. Been out of town for two weeks and am leaving again soon. Summer traveling is cutting into my rig time.

saheju7e.jpg

any4y6y4.jpg

Back