MAY What's On Your Workbench?

Dave, Sean, Steve and Tim, thank you for the compliments.

revision of the pattern on earlier posted dove. Thinned the back down some for a nicer looking bird overall. My take on a simple gunning white winged dove.

64113EBA_zps2a961db9.jpg

Brandon - If that's a load of white cedar, unfortunately that load was delivered to the wrong address. It was supposed to go to a shop in Bloomington, IL... :)

Brandon - If that's a load of white cedar, unfortunately that load was delivered to the wrong address. It was supposed to go to a shop in Bloomington, IL... :)

Pat its all white cedar and trust me its at the correct address. Although I can't blame you for trying.Would have bought twice that much if they had it between my carving addiction and shipping blocks of the stuff to the guys down south I am always running out. That load was 240 BF.

It is some old Western White Pine that I have. I was from a salvage logging operation. It has a lot of sap in it but I can deal with it. My new batch is a lot better.

I finally got around to get some some paint on 6 flatties I have been working on for a couple months a little here a little there. If I didn't need to sleep I could get so much more done!!! Sorry for the crummy picture quality, they were taken with my phone

That old mallard was out of a rig i built in 1990. The bill was chewed by my old lab,gone now. I have the rig still and use them on occasion . The finish on the can is satin marine spar and is a little shiny for my taste, I sponge painted the bird and stippled the back.

Back