NDR- Lake Superior cottage for sale...cheap

Overpriced - after all, I didn't see any decoys in the pictures.

Wonder what a one-week rental would go for?

I found the mortgage calculator at the bottom of the page to be helpful. But it's still outta my range. If you get it there are enough bedrooms for you to host the entire duckboats page membership and we could all park our boats in the private harbor.

Overpriced - after all, I didn't see any decoys in the pictures.

Wonder what a one-week rental would go for?

Bob, that would depend on which of the twenty-some bedrooms you want to use!

Mohamed Ali attempted to purchase the property in 1972? to convert it into a boxing camp. The Kaufman Estate trust attempted to sell the property to the State of Michigan in the mid-1980s. Tom Baldwin and his family purchased Granot Loma in the late 1980's for $13,000,000. He did a complete renovation on the building, replacing the kitchen completely, adding a sun room off the breakfast nook, and a lakeside jacuzzi (waterfall photo). The roof is entirely covered in slate shingles. The actual log exterior is clad over a steel framework that is anchored in a six foot concrete footer on the granite slab it rests on. One background article I read included an estimate that pegged the construction cost in current dollars at $60,000,000...

Karen and I attended a fundraiser dinner and auction on site for a local non-profit, following Tom Baldwin's purchase. Much of the Kaufman era memorabilia was sold. The remainder was gifted to the Marquette County Historical Museum. Louis Kaufman was a New York banker; one of the principals involved in planning and financing construction of the Empire State building. He was denied membership in the Huron Mountain Club( located west of Big Bay) by Henry Ford et al. Local legend states that he built Granot Loma to eclipse the grand camps in the Adirondacks, as well as those that existed in that era in the Huron Mountain Club holdings.

It has its own wind-powered generator. Excess power generated is purchased by the Hiawatha Electric Co-operative, required under State statute; Tom Baldwin's revenge on them for his assessment for construction of the enhanced transmission line that skirts the property on the western edge and supplies power to the Eagle Mine.

Rick,
Since I'm heading up the last week of April, call the realtor, tell them you have an interested party. I want to spend a couple nights to check it out to see if it fulfills my needs. If we can't catch any fish out front, I'm not interested.

To answer some of the posed questions. To MLBob . It does come with some Carrylite and Flambeau decoys and a TDB 17. To Rich Young . I thought I had you and Eddie up there a couple of years ago and we hunted out of the TDB....and yes it comes with a kennel and a few Hurricane and Curry pups.

If negotiations get tricky, let me know, I can throw in $10 or $20.

So my wife and I are researching lodging for a Yellowstone trip, and she sent me the link to the Lodge at Rock Creek (see below).

I think guests there may be the target market for this house.

"Glamping" (glamor camping?) rates in a canvas tent start at $1100 per person per night! But you can fish in Rock Creek (which, of course is open to the public via Montana's stream access law) for free with that!

http://www.theranchatrockcreek.com/rates/

Back