NDR ......... Sora

Double ended wood boat and Chock Full of Nuts in the same post...all while I am sitting on the porch drinking some "Heavenly Coffee"...

I love seeing that boat of yours Jode, great you not only restored it but keep using as intended. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome Chuck, I guess that's what this page is all about.

I feel like I could be a sponsor for that coffee "I don't Just drink The brew, I use the cans too! "

It's a shame we only get two or three good tides per season generally

Hunting rails from a nearly 100 year old boat......that would be incredible!

One of my sons and I hunted marsh hens yesterday here in SC. We had a great time!
I've hunted rails out of many other boats. Including modern skiffs and canoes, I keep coming back to this old boat because it just handles so wonderfully. Stable, easy to push, and Classy.

Marsh Hen's are fun also! I have a lot down by my cabin, but we tend to hunt them on foot generally with a dog, Only sometimes out of the skiff. Because they are generally in far-flung places that need an outboard to access

Yes, I think you're right. The guy that introduced me to it call it the "gentlemanly pursuit "

No matter how long you've been away from it you slip right back into it pretty easily.

Well all except the part of the aging shoulders lol
You got that right. But, if you can stand a change of pace, walk them up. Shorts, tee shirt and sneakers. You might be surprised how much fun and how effective it is. The huntable tide is extended past whats needed for the boat. Plus everyone gets to shoot. And the laughs never end when somebody goes for a swim.

You got that right. But, if you can stand a change of pace, walk them up. Shorts, tee shirt and sneakers. You might be surprised how much fun and how effective it is. The huntable tide is extended past whats needed for the boat. Plus everyone gets to shoot. And the laughs never end when somebody goes for a swim.
That's pretty interesting. I've never even considered that. Most of the areas we hunt sora is emergent tidal Rice Meadows. It's a pretty muddy bottom and I really don't know if it is walkable at lower tides. It may be , I just never tried.

I have walked for Marsh hens using my dog and it is not only possible it is enjoyable.

Back