NDR

Huntindave McCann

Sponsor
Hey guys and gals,

I thought long and hard about even posting this, but I needed to just talk, I guess.
Early tomorrow morning, Friday June 7th, my wife goes into the operating room to have a tumor removed from inside her skull.
Not looking for sympathy, but your good thoughts and silent prayers will be much appreciated. I have 100 percent confidence in the team which will be taking care of this surgery but there is always that 2 percent chance of an unfortunate outcome. It has been weighing heavy on my mind. Thanks for listening.

Hey guys and gals,

I thought long and hard about even posting this, but I needed to just talk, I guess.
Early tomorrow morning, Friday June 7th, my wife goes into the operating room to have a tumor removed from inside her skull.
Not looking for sympathy, but your good thoughts and silent prayers will be much appreciated. I have 100 percent confidence in the team which will be taking care of this surgery but there is always that 2 percent chance of an unfortunate outcome. It has been weighing heavy on my mind. Thanks for listening.

Best wishes Dave. The two of you will be in my thoughts. Please let us know how it turns out.

Hey guys and gals,

Best wishes to you and your family. In my thoughts and prayers

Hey guys and gals,

My prayers for a succesful speedy recovery

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. It has been a long day. My wife was in surgery for about ten hours.

The surgery went well and went as planned, no surprises in the OR. The prognosis for her extended recovery is good. The tumor had already caused permanent damage to her inner ear on the right side. The "cure" for this is she has been fitted with a cochlear implant.

The tumor was also impacting her atrial artery on her right side, as well as the nerves for muscle control of her voice box and facial functions. The surgeons were able to remove 90 percent of the tumor. The end result is she is no longer in danger of losing voice box and facial functions.

All in all everything is looking towards a full recovery. Thanks again.

Dave

That all sounds like scary stuff. I'm sure you are very relieved with the surgery results. Thanks for the report and please keep us updated. Get some rest too for I know you probably are short on sleep.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. It has been a long day. My wife was in surgery for about ten hours.

The surgery went well and went as planned, no surprises in the OR. The prognosis for her extended recovery is good. The tumor had already caused permanent damage to her inner ear on the right side. The "cure" for this is she has been fitted with a cochlear implant.

The tumor was also impacting her atrial artery on her right side, as well as the nerves for muscle control of her voice box and facial functions. The surgeons were able to remove 90 percent of the tumor. The end result is she is no longer in danger of losing voice box and facial functions.

All in all everything is looking towards a full recovery. Thanks again.

Good to hear it Dave. A sick wife is a bad deal.

Back