New addition...

Tod
Congrats, nice pup mate I like the yellows as they blend in with the dead grass, you can now forget those nights sleep you use to have in comfort has this little guy will demand all your attension but you will be able to get more Beauty sleep has he gets older HeHeHe.
Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber
Its all about Building that Bond.

Silly me, from your answer the other day I thought you were going Angelina Jolie on us and picking up a small asian child. :)

That is a good looking pup. Might be a little hard to see in the prairie grass.

Tim

So what does Pete think of all this? Usually takes a week before they realize the "kid" isn't going away and is accepted.

Hmm, Pete gets injured and ends your season, so you buy a pup so you have a spare dog.....

Good looking boy.

Thanks Jim, I have to laugh on the Pete comment. I was feeling nervous about being a 2 dog guy and Pete being gimped up made it easier the past week. What got me thinking about actually getting a second was in SD this year and I was thinking how much I loved the uplands West and started thinking about breeds, even upland dogs, and the only downside to a lab is that they can't run like upland breeds. So, why not two labs.

Once I decided to jump, I talked to Marc and he put me on this litter that day.

Cool! That shovel will come in handy for a few days!!

You see how nice I have the ice chiseled off the steps. That shovel was a dump pick (sans handle)..

We are getting killed here this year with snow. We usually melt down to the grass several times a winter, but not this year. I bought a new snow blower for the tractor - works great to fling the snow (and dog turds).

I told a friend of mine back before the pups hit the ground to contact her but he didn't.....his loss. If Marc gave it his OK you picked well.

Tod,

Fun to be had by all when you have a new pup,,,good looking yellow.

Hey with a new pup you wont have time to get after that door that is loosing the finish....last time I did a door like that I stripped the old finish and saturated the wood in epoxy, blocked the epoxy flat, and then 12 coats of Z Spar Flagship varnish on the outside and 6 on the inside of the door...but with a new pup you wont have time ....HAHAHA Three years later looks great, maybe this summer a touch up coat..

Matt

Ha ya bastard! I knew someone was going to notice that, but I liked the way the unfinished wood highlighted his coat. I'm waiting for all the finish to come off before I refinish it.

T

I told a friend of mine back before the pups hit the ground to contact her but he didn't.....his loss. If Marc gave it his OK you picked well.

Copper, the sire, was who Marc bred his girl to last year - Bob has a 1/2 brother of Mesquite. I got in early enough to get pick of males and all 9 pups were there when we went to pick. Gus was in hog heaven with 9 little balls of fur. It was one of the more fun things I've done, just take him to pick the pup.

Tod,

That was just the evil me coming out.....I have plenty of honey do this or that on the list and limited time.. I do think that the pup pulls rank over the door...

Matt

Silly me, from your answer the other day I thought you were going Angelina Jolie on us and picking up a small asian child. :)

That is a good looking pup. Might be a little hard to see in the prairie grass.

Tim

I was hoping to have thrown you off the trail with that obtuse yellow comment :).

The yellow is growing on me I have to say. I plan to see how well he matches the prairie grasses next fall, he and black beauty.

Tod,

That was just the evil me coming out.....I have plenty of honey do this or that on the list and limited time.. I do think that the pup pulls rank over the door...

Matt

I knew, I've been dreading that door since we bought. It is too nice to throw out, so I'm stuck with it. It is poorly hung and has been poorly sanded once already previous to us, so not a project that is all that inspiring, if you know how that is. I'm not good at getting inspired at fixing other's messes, I'd rather start over.

Tod,

The nasty fix the previous owners mess syndrome.....just sent you an email with a door restore I did, detailed in a pdf.

Matt

Hi Tod - Best of luck with the pup - looks like a corker !
It's a small world, years ago Dave Mosher helped with with my second lab - he did a great job helping us over a couple hurdles and I enjoyed hunting with my dog for years after. I distinctly remember Dave walking by a string of kennels with all of the dogs raising hell barking, then Dave kind of yell/barked at the whole kennel and they all shut up. I remember thinking that he had to be 1/2 dog.
Only 2 pups left I guess. I was not aware of this trainer and breeder - looks like a quality operation !
thanks for posting.
sarge

Todd, welcome to the family!
Mesquite looks like one heck of a dog.

I think you are about to have one very fun spring.

Hard to believe this was almost 2 years ago now.

DSCN3324.jpg

Didnt take long for Scout to get right under his new owners skin. His first retrieve sure helped being a Brant and all on a real Ice Day in Dec. (Just past 6 Months Old)

IMG_9019.jpg

IMG_9020.jpg

As you know, we darn near lost him this spring to Rocky Mountain Spotted Tic Fever, and that for sure made me even more attached to the darn dog. But you wouldn't know he had it now if I didn't tell you. We lost the summer for training and still had a fun fall. The Dog Just Loves The Water.

He jumped in this week like it was Merit Island here in Noank.

Make some room on the Hard Drive for all the pictures to come. These dogs love to make great photos.

DSC03558.jpg

DSC03563.jpg

Love those yellow pups he looks like a winner and real champ.Takes me back to when I first bought mine 8 yrs. ago trained him myself and turned out to be a winner "Buster" has a good nose for sniffing out the downed birds. I'd be lost without him best hunting partner I have. GOOD LUCK with your new puppy

Back