November "Whats on your Workbench?"

I might make a little one, or just put a leather loop on the front. Its going to be a christmas present so I thought it might be neat for me to take it on a hunt and shoot a drake greenwing over it and give a picture of that with the decoy as I know it'll just sit after that.

On the bench...and off the bench this month.

pie004.jpg

Kris the bills are not reinforced. I don't think they need it. If time, rough airboat rides and careless missteps by man and beast prove me wrong I will see them back on my bench. How do you reinforce yours?
Sean...I am very impressed. How did you get the buffie on the left to sit still for the photo? Man...I like that bird.

I've been doing a bit of decoy work, but feel bad for not posting, especially for being a frequent visitor to this post. I always seeing everyone's efforts.

I've just finished this bwt. I wish I had a bit more orangish brown in the chest area. I could have done better by blending front to back before starting the dark spots. I am happy with the color of the head.

View attachment DSC_0006.JPG

This is the mate to the bwt drake above. I finished her and her sister last night, but no photos yet.

View attachment DSC_0028.JPG

A pair of mallards. I need to add the speculum colors and primary outlines on the hen, and a curly tail for the drake.

View attachment DSC_0018.JPG
Also a gwt drake ready to start. Actually did the base coat and head last night. More photos coming.

View attachment DSC_0024.JPG

Thanks.

Frank Middleton

What can I say? I love black and white photos. If it were a color photo the coot would look essentially the same.

What can I say? I love black and white photos. If it were a color photo the coot would look essentially the same.

And here I was guessing that your floor tile was a nasty color or dirty :).

And here I was guessing that your floor tile was a nasty color or dirty :).

Dang, I wish my wife would let me paint in the kitchen...got everything you need in there...good light, heat, sink to wash up in , snacks (can't for get those) and a nice clean rag hung on the oven door.

Chuck

Back