Our 4 legged partners photos

Might as well join in on this one. A very good idea. This is the new boy Maxx (Maxx-A-Muck) and a few hunting shots. So far if it has feathers he will bring it back. The last one is the old girl Siren who died this october and although I have alot of hunting photos of her the shot of her palying with our great niece really shows what kind of good old girl she was. Probably the most people friendly chessie I have ever seen.

View attachment Camera iphone 116.jpg
View attachment Camera iphone 239.jpg
View attachment Camera iphone 265.jpg
View attachment Tim's iphone pics 098.jpg
View attachment Tim's iphone pics 113.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_6865.jpg

DSC_6864.jpg

DSC_6863.jpg

DSC_6862.jpg

DSC_6861.jpg

DSC_6860.jpg

DSC_6856.jpg

Got to throw in some pictures of Chance

This was last season, about 18 months old
[Inline IMAG0089.jpg]

[Inline chance3.jpg]

a cold January day
[Inline IMAG0007.jpg]

This January 2011 -- about 2.5 yrs old
[Inline IMG_2196.jpg]

Good Boy...
[Inline IMAG0112.jpg]

Wish I had more action photos, but I always seem to forget. I'll try next season, only two days left for ducks and I'm chasing geese after that....

-Jack

View attachment IMAG0089.jpg
View attachment chance3.jpg
View attachment IMAG0007.jpg
View attachment IMG_2196.jpg
View attachment IMAG0112.jpg

We'll start with some long past partners.

Here is Gyr(falcon) and Brook(english springer) on opening day on goose season on Maryland's Eastern Shore in about 1984. Brook retrieved the first goose with Gyr watching as a first year dog. She wouldn't let him retrieve any more birds that day. Brook was great on doves, woodcock, ducks and geese.
GyrandBrook.jpg

Following those two, was Blade. This was the first day of our first trip to Canada. He was the only dog and retrieved all of these birds for 5 or 6 hunters on that first day. He was tired.

BladeinAlberta.jpg

Then there was Ruger. A true meat dog. You can read about him in the memorials.
IMG_1612.jpg

http://duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/...view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Kip is the current on deck dog. He has been tremendous. He was my first dog that I followed a formal training program and did hunt tests. He has hunted grouse in Manitoba, geese in Saskatchewan, ducks throughout the PNW, sea ducks on Puget Sound and brant on the west coast. He is truly a great dog and shows his spirit every single day in the boat or blind.

croppedkip.jpg

Fuge02.jpg

Iphonedump12-3-10154.jpg

And in training is Brant. He will also be an awesome hunter cause he has a great teacher.

Iphonedump12-3-10149.jpg

CopyofIphonedump12-31-10052.jpg

Few pics over the last few years.

North Dakota, nice king.

View attachment 100_1698esm.jpg

Assateague Brant, hes not picky
View attachment 100_1798sm.jpg

Chesapeake Widgeon, This one wasn't hit very hard and was swimming off and then started diving on him. persistence pays off.

View attachment 100_1785sm.jpg

He will also run like a Pointer, hard to get close action shots in the field that show the intensity.

View attachment kansas 12-05 2sm.jpg

and will stop when he finds something.

View attachment nd training 7-07sm.jpg

Since are about to get pounded with snow I figured I'd dig up some summer pictures.

This ones from camping up in Nicolet National Forest in northern Wi. Bridgett was helping me with a little training and enjoying the warm weather.
View attachment puppysmall3.jpg

I can't remember what we were getting load up for by Kodiak wanted to make sure he was going with. He sat in the back of the truck looking out the side window while I loaded up.
View attachment puppysmall2.jpg

Here's Neige. She was a great dog.
P4210088.jpg

SD530107-1.jpg

Here's my girl Molly with her first limit.
Mollysfirstlimit014.jpg

And on our latest hunt on Long Island.
LI2011002.jpg

Here's our newest pup Finn. Hopefully I'll have some hunting pictures of him next year.
CCCBDdinnersnowfunconcertshockey006.jpg

This thread has been enjoyable. Very nice to see other members dogs in action and just general enjoyment we get from them. Now all I have to do is keep from going crazy with duck season closed.

Gene

This is Lucy she turned 11 this December. She's my first duck dog. It's going to be hard to replace here. This picture was taken about 4 years ago.
P1010490.jpg

Back