September Workbench

sean sutton

I'll start it off.
A pair of bay birds. For a local DU dinner. Hollow cedar , oils

gadwall9.jpg

always intimidating to follow Sutton on these posts. Great pair of gaddies sean.

hollow bass and oils.
27e8d87e-28aa-4a23-9ee2-b852a877b0e1_zps71f0baa0.jpg
[/URL]

Gee whiz, those birds are all great.

The Mallards have that "Pumped and primed posture"

And the gadwalls are exceptional.

Really well done!

Sean~

I always look forward to seeing your work - I actually gasped (inj a good way) when the image of those Gadwalls popped up just now. Wonderful stuff!

All the best,

SJS

Tom~

Great bunch of Drakes! I just love the way you did the tertials-lower back-primaries.

All the best,

SJS

Sean's work is exceptional as always and Tom is improving way to quickly long ago surpassing what I can do so I am not posting anything this month they set the bar to high.

Okay actually I will post I have lots coming off the bench in the next week. I leave for Manitoba in two weeks and some of the decoys were carved special for that trip.

September is when it all begins for us in the north. Can't wait to see what everyone has for the upcoming season.

Bob,

those teal are really great. You did a fantastic job.

Off the carving bench and on to the painting bench  with this final canvasback.

ydumezar.jpg

de7eve4a.jpg

Sean's work is exceptional as always and Tom is improving way to quickly long ago surpassing what I can do so I am not posting anything this month they set the bar to high.

I'll lower the bar so others can feel free to follow...

Cut 1 1/4" dowel and drilled pilots in the center:

null_zps3cd71106.jpg

Three dozen coot with pillars to support necks:

null_zps37af9690.jpg

First dozen with heads roughed and attached:

null_zps86b5b38d.jpg

Brandon....let's put that thing as far away from mine as possible. Ya didn't tell me you were cutting in the primaries AND giving it such a unique pose. I may actually feel bad for shooting that one;-)

Great start to September, love it.

Here's my contribution to the teal catagory,

And my first Black belly, headed to the Bendell Auction to help out Derek and his family.

Jode- Your birds are always stunning and perhaps it's just that I like blue wings but....... those are beautiful. Nice work.

First it was Bob's teal and now these two that you did, Jode. They are all amazing. What phenomenal workmanship.
Al

Wow guys! Great stuff already this month.
Bob and Jode I saw plenty of teal sitting on pond in SD saturday and none of them looked that pretty, and likely never will. Outstanding!

Tim

Dang it...you guys kill me. I really should break away from the calls for a spell and work on the decoys I started a year and a half ago. Maybe I'll post up some call pictures when I finish a few up. Great work by all! Very nice!

Steve

Back