September - Workbench

Phil, they stick around better some years than others.... I get a couple a season some years. Those are headed to california, with some green winged. I'll post later. Hobbled at the moment.

they still need a little sanding- and of course a cork body and then some paint would help their effectiveness

but- these are my first carvings in at least 25 years- hopefully they won't frighten too many away

DSC_0195_zpsa91tbvxh.jpg

Good morning, Frank~
!
Great work - really nice postures and great gunning paint. That rich brown head on the Drake Pintail really catches my eye.

All the best,

SJS

Got some shop time in this weekend.

Hollow Cedar drake eider with Ipe keel for my trip to Maine with Troy fields in December. A flatty golden plover, and a whale to be mounted on some reclaimed wood.

Great work everyone! Tom, that whale is beautiful. A few months back member and fellow carver Ron Smith very graciously gave me a ton of cork cutoffs. I was wondering what do with it. This is what I came up with......

This pair is getting split up, drake migrating to Delaware and the hen is going in my rig. I had so much fun painting the hen I almost don't want to paint another diver drake for a long time.

IMG_2256_edited.jpg

IMG_2253_edited.jpg

IMG_2260_edited.jpg

SWEEET pair of Redheads Dave. Love em

I believe the Whale is our first ever Whale for the Work enchanted thread. Neat one too.

Great stuff this month on the eve of the begin I g of the season

Steve

These are 2 of 12, Herter's 72 reconditioned Bluebills, now all Redheads. Might fit better in a September - Garage bench thread, but I learned a lot and look forward to next year's repaint to apply some of that education. For now, add bolts and rigging, then they'll hunt.View attachment Redheads.jpg

Last edited:
Back