some progress shooting in M.......

Dick Sargeant

I had a little better result and am beginning to understand a little of what I am tryng to learn ..........long way to go but a lot of fun..........

7486s.jpg

7473s.jpg

7471s.jpg

7328s.jpg

7397s.jpg

Finally got a couple of the elusive marsh hawk, northern harrier, I think.........

7269s.jpg

7265s.jpg

a little break from all of the speed demons -

7264s.jpg

sunrise where I hope the brant show up soon............

7212s.jpg

Those are some dandy shots, Dick. Of course I love that first shot of the drake black. You really nailed the hen mallard talking while flying and the second shot of the northern harrier is very good. For this land lubber I sure loved that shot of early morning with the tide out. Thanks for the pics.
Al

Dick, are you still using the 400? how close were you to those birds? Trip. Great shots by the way.

Those are some dandy shots, Dick. Of course I love that first shot of the drake black. You really nailed the hen mallard talking while flying and the second shot of the northern harrier is very good. For this land lubber I sure loved that shot of early morning with the tide out. Thanks for the pics.
Al

Hi Al - Thanks, the talking hen was one of those surprises when you load to the PC. That sunrise is shot of a beach where we can launch in the winter and is used when there is too much ice farther back in the marsh. The sand is nice and firm but, as you can see, you gotta time it !
sarge

A few handfuls of Brant down to Wingaersheek on Sunday. Go at low tide and you can sit out in the rocks for some good shots. Some eider within zoom range too. Took the wife and the dog and no camera...

Those two susie shots are fantastic, looks like she was fussing at you!

Dick, are you still using the 400? how close were you to those birds? Trip. Great shots by the way.

Hi Trip - yes the 400 and the 50 D. Distances varied between maybe 25 and 75 yards.
thanks -
sarge

A few handfuls of Brant down to Wingaersheek on Sunday. Go at low tide and you can sit out in the rocks for some good shots. Some eider within zoom range too. Took the wife and the dog and no camera...

Hey Will - thanks for the info and I will get down there at low tide when I have some decent light.........are you talking the swimming beach and the rocks on the right facing the bay ?
sarge

I love it when you post your pictures! You do great work! It really makes my day when you post pictures for us

Hey Greg - thanks for the kind words. I got a lot of help from Gary March and Al Hansen and others here on DBDN and it's fun when I get a few keepers that I can post !

Capt. Larry and Luke - Thanks fellas !
sarge

Hey Dick- Have you been out with the glass recently? I've been trout fishing a bunch this spring and have a few good spots to snap some woodies if you are up for battling ticks! Starting to wash the freshwater of my waders with some salt, the bass are here!

Dick, some great shots there. I especially like the hen mallard shot. Good job shooting in Manual. It gets easier.

Gary March

Hey Dick- Have you been out with the glass recently? I've been trout fishing a bunch this spring and have a few good spots to snap some woodies if you are up for battling ticks! Starting to wash the freshwater of my waders with some salt, the bass are here!

Hi Will - Thanks for the heads up on the woodies. I put a sneak into a spot I know and found that they have returned to a large fresh water marsh. Of course, I was not ready at the right second.........what's new. I did witness a swan chase a number of canada geese out of most of the area and I am talking a pretty big area..........that damn swan wanted far more of the available space than it needed.... have been busy getting the boat in for fishing in time for the 30 mph winds........after 30 years you would think I would know better. If you can help with a spot where I might get close to some woodies please send a PM.
thanks -
sarge

Back