TDB under new ownership

Congrats on your new venture..
I too am looking for a duck boat, and agree about making your website easy and filled with information. The web is everything now and you may also be reaching a younger demograph.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing your work.

cant wait to see a few. i would def. buy a new 17 if its everything its suppost to be hull, camo paint with gel coat, built like a tank, safe etc. if the price is right i will buy one. maybe you can open the blind up so it doesnt taper in to bad. good luck and keep me in the loop thanks t.

I may be wrong but werent the originals built the old way 1 at a time nothing fancy?.I had an original Maine built 14' then sold it to buy THE first 17' to come out of the factory which I handed the check personally to the clark bros. at a show here on Long Island.that was about 20 years ago or so..I still have that boat in service every year since.After seeing the company change hands many times thru the years and watching the quality change doing it the "new" way ,faster,cheaper,etc. It will be refreshing to see how the new boats turn out.
Hope it works out for you.

I may be wrong but werent the originals built the old way 1 at a time nothing fancy?.
Right you are! All hand laid. In the days when Bill & Dean Clark started building, and even after Christian B took over the operation from them. This was certaily true. After the company name changed hands after the fire and moved out of Maine, I couldn't tell you what happened

I may be wrong but werent the originals built the old way 1 at a time nothing fancy?.I had an original Maine built 14' then sold it to buy THE first 17' to come out of the factory which I handed the check personally to the clark bros. at a show here on Long Island.that was about 20 years ago or so..I still have that boat in service every year since.After seeing the company change hands many times thru the years and watching the quality change doing it the "new" way ,faster,cheaper,etc. It will be refreshing to see how the new boats turn out.
Hope it works out for you.

Exactly. While I am still piecing together the history one piece at a time I know at one time one of the manufacturers bagged them(vacumn molding). ANd that may have been where the problems started. Again not sure and still building the history profile. However we trust the old way by hand. ANd with the new materials that are available to us today I believe we will be able to build not only a quality TDB product but the Best TDB product so far.

IF anyone has any literature, owners manuals, or photo's they would like to share or donate to the building of the history of the TDB it would be greatly appriciated and can be mailed directly to us at
Total Duck Boat
Care of Tony Homer
30 W statler rd
Piqua, Ohio. 45356
or via email at
info@tdbco.com

We will have a new designed TDB decal available soon and will gladly sent one or 2 to those who can help us build the documents of the history up.

Don't know if this would be possible, but I would love to see a 16' BlackJack. I loved the one I had but limited my hunting is several occasions if I wanted to carry another gunner and a large spread.

Tony -
On the website's 1st page is states you will offer the AA Black Brant. However, after I enter the site it says you will have the AA Blackjack. Which one will you offer and is there any chance you will be offering the Broadbill?
Thanks

HI Tony,
Congrads! I E-mailed about the sale couple weeks back, I thought about the same thing, reponse to email " Hurry Up Offer on the table" !! Glad you are a realist with the value! Hope to be in one of your new TDB's soon! Best of luck!!

Randy!

Where will you be located? John
SW Ohio. all small boats will be built right here in Piqua. The 17 and 21 will be built in Michigan.

Quite Ironic because was started as a search for a used TDB a couple months ago ended up in me buying the whole dang company and more. LOL.

Tony -
On the website's 1st page is states you will offer the AA Black Brant. However, after I enter the site it says you will have the AA Blackjack. Which one will you offer and is there any chance you will be offering the Broadbill?
Thanks
Sorry about the website, we are trying to fix and organize it as quickly as possible. There is no Black Brant. Yes to the Black Jack and possibly to the Broadbill. I believe we have those molds as well. And a few molds I am not eve sure what they are at this point. That is part of why we are trying to pick up as much history and literature as possible.
ITs an understatement to say this was anything close to an organized company when we purchased it. Quite the opposite so we have to put it all back together and organize everything ourselves now that we own the company that makes it easier for us to reproduce old boats and make new molds since we are the owners of the company.

We will not be ready for sales for sometime. I can tell you this. First will be the TDB 14ft Sea Class, Classic and BlackJack along with all hard covers as well for those who need them.

Again please be patient while we make this happen.

I hunted out of a friends tdb classic quite a bit. There are two suggestions I would make for that boat. The ones I hunted out of ran 25hp on them but its not rated for that but seemed about right. The second thing was to have the blind in front go straight up rather than slant back to allow a little more room. Just my 2 cents.

I own the TDB 17 boat blind Classic. It was bought new in 1994 by me. This boat is a fantastic shooting platform. In 1994 they were still using oak grassing rails. .The classic TDB was built using the hand laid up method of fiberglassing. Kevlar was used in the bow stem and comping for strength. 1000 denier Codura nylon was used to make the blinds. Air craft grade aluminum tubing was used to support the blind. It is easy to setup and take down. Just a great design.It is hunted hard all season for puddle ducks to sea ducks . I also have the VHS Tape that was used to describe the TDB line of boats. Showing how they were made.I am some what of a TDB boat nut. I still have some of the original brochures from the early 90,s.I am glad to here that someone is going to be making them again. If I can help in anyway don't hesitate to ask. Tom O

Please revive the BROADBILL!!!!!!!!!

LOL I believe we have it. actually I know I have a hull and deck but believe we also have a set of molds. But Im confused because the deck mold is textured and the opening is round in the front. But im quite certain its the broadbill based on measurements and such and is the same shape hull and deck as the other one I have thats square opening.

So much to do so little time.

Back