This is disturbing

But the real question is do all the hurdles significantly lower crime rate and heinous acts? When I was a young man, and thought the rest of the country were mostly rule followers like me, I was for further gun control and thought it would really help violent crime. My opinions on that, and other things, has shifted rightward as I've aged and seen how things have played out.

Eric

Howdy folks , it?s been a while since I?ve posted on this sight. I?m reading with great interest the dialogue which you all are writing about gun control in your country.Being from Canada I have a fair bit of experience on this subject,so bear with me.l think you all should pay attention to what?s going on in each state of your country. Here in Canada we have had a form of gun controls for a number of yrs. now,It started a long time ago with hand guns, probably one of the strictest in the world, now they want to ban them altogether, next came the gun license to own any firearm, then came the long gun registry,which was abolished when the next form of government came into power.Fast forward to present, the current government has put a ban on 1500,Guns that look like a military weapon (basically a black gun). The powers to be are offering a buyback program & if you do not want to participate you must keep your banned gun at home but are not allowed to use it ,go figure that one out.
Before COVID hit us I belonged to a gun club in N.Y. State,use to shoot there every week,if only you knew what I had to go through to enter the U.S., any gun I brought over had to be registered with the A.T.F. In Virginia,( 6 nia form) in which they checked my background before they said yes or no,that was the easy part . The border officers are another ball game ,which can be extremely frustrating for law abiding gun owners.So just let me say ,educate yourself in what is going on in every state in your country,don?t be so naive to say strict gun control won?t happen because of your 2nd amendment! Educate yourself what is going on throughout the world not just your state you live. Thankyou for those that want to read this with a open mind.

The weekend of feb 8 there were 23 people shot in Chicago.Three died. It is this way almost every weekend.Look it up.You don?t hear about it on the main stream news much it does not fit their narrative or forward their agenda.They do not enforce the laws they have now,the most restrictive laws in the country.Criminals are free to do as they please. I have a friend who is in law enforcement there and they know who the felons are in the gangs an criminal organizations as felons they should be disarmed and jailed.Yet they walk the streets openly brandishing guns.Law enforcement has their hands tied.But they want new laws to disarm me.Why?This is not about stopping mass shootings or saving the children if it were the Dems would enforce the laws they have now in the city?s and states they are in control of but they don?t.It is about disarming a population for control.

If most people support universal background checks it's because they don't understand what it entails. First of all there not universal because criminals don't follow them. A law for background checks for private sales is un enforceable without national registration. There are thousands of gun control laws on the books and the only people affected are law abiding gun owners. Living in New York I can't even order ammo through the mail to my house. It amazes me that anyone is so willing to give up their rights and freedoms for "safety" provided by the government. What's going on in this country right now is scary and frankly it saddens me how quickly our American culture has been eroded . It was useful idiots that gave the world communist power.

Back