Time to stand up and thank our moderators...

Thanks, Eric and Chuck.

Been around since the early days as well. I don't post much anymore. However, I do stop in a read from time to time.

Ed

I don't know how you do it !! I have so little patience with people I took to training dogs
and hunting with them. THANKS to both Eric and Chuck for giving me my FIX on Ducks,
boats and Decoys. Thanks Again, John

A big Thank You to Eric and Chuck for making this site the place it is. Every day I log onto this place to learn, and occasionally add my imput. I have learned a lot over the years from this great site. Everyone is so willing to help. Also I am most thankful for all the prayers that have came my way, mostly through private emails. There is so many guys from all over the country on this site and all have a bit of a different way of talking ducks,dogs, decoys and boats. I have learned to respect there thoughts.

In closing " What a fantastic site"

Gary March

A big thanks to Eric for starting and moderating this website. It is fun to visit and see what is going on around the duck hunting community.

And thanks to Steve for keeping the site going when Eric wanted to shut it down twice, keeping up with the business side of things and providing lots of entertainment and thought provoking discussion. I would truly be shocked if the site would be here today if he hadn't kept it running, and that would indeed be a shame.

Thanks to Chuck for moderating the site after Steve left. And for coordinating the travelling decoys the past several years as those are a lot of fun.

I've no doubts it's very time consuming to keep up with this place, even as "well behaved" as most folk are. Thanks again

Dani

Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement. Without everyone's support and contributions the site would die on the vine.

I have to confirm what Dani said about Steve. He stepped in and stepped up to keep this site alive. Had he not taken the initiative and put the work in that he did the site surely would have perished. His contributions were monumental.

Eric

Merry Christmas moderators..... Thanks for keeping us all in line....A lot of good people on this site and a few jerks ( : 0 )....

Back in the day when the forum first started, or there abouts, I went as Michigan Mark for no other reason than we were all new around here and it was a quck way to let the guys know where I was from when it came to all the dumb questions about what boat is best for my conditions... well that and the fact that duckslayer69, longshotbig12, duckbutt and other cool names like that were already taken :). Point being is that way back then I remember Eric would put up with so much crap and complaining and fights that would absorb sooooo much of his time, time on a site that was created to chronicle his journey of building a boat and help others do the same. Knowing what it was intended for and what others try to use it for now and over the last 13 years... well I think were lucky the sites still up.

Besides, having a first aid kit doesn't make me a surgeon just as having a website & forum doesn't make Eric or Chuck a professional shrink or mediator. Any effort wasted trying is time they'll never get back, so why bother.

Keep up the good work guys.

I don't know when I first found this site.... I think John Bourbon pointed me to it, back in the old format. I was nothing but a lurker for many, many years, though I spent way too many hours reading the archives and still find myself researching through them. I have made some great new friends over the years through this site, and learned volumes! I have read and re-read Eric's build posts several times. I used them as a reference when I started the epoxy work for the first time. I have collected and saved so many BBSB images over the years! Look at my build, it is obvious! What did we do before the internet! I remember... libraries! I am happy that I have eventually been able to contribute to the knowledge and experiences. I am thankful to have a resource with so many sources.

Eric and Chuck, and Steve as well, you have done, and are doing a great service to our community. The headaches are great, and the rewards are few.... we benefit far more than you do individually, so I thank you for putting in the effort that you do and allowing us to utilize your hard work.

To the DBHP readers, I would ask a favor... when you are reacting to a post... read your comments, and then re-read them, and then delete them and don't send them.... I know I have on many occasions started a comment to a discussion, whether heated or not... and simply deleted it after I re-read it... considering not worthy of our archives. For this to be the great resource that it is requires some self-policing and some self-control. PMs are far better than on-line blowouts.

But again, the DBHP community owes Eric, Steve, and Chuck and all the long time contributors, past and present a great deal of gratitude for this valuable resource.

Dave

This argument, which has led to a dispute between a portion of people here, has really tested my ability to keep my mouth shut.
I was a get in the middle of every fray kind of guy when I first started looking at this page some 12 to 14 years ago. But after seeing how stirring the pot thoughtlessly just rips cool places like this apart I learned my lesson.
I also learned that these places ebb and flow with the seasons. We all get a bit short during a tough season or a real slow time.

BUT thru it all I still come back to this page. I like a few others but never check them regularly. This is my face book. And I say, to my wife's horror, that I have friends all over the US and some in Canada and one day Im gona hunt with them all!

I will say without a doubt the last two trips to the Jersey Shore in the fall have been on my top 10 list for duck hunting info and just plain enjoyment. Jersey has a great group of folks carrying on the tradition down there. That is why I dont like seeing a dispute that breaks up a good crew.

BUT I have also lived thru the wars on this page and can say I miss many many guys who do not visit here any more. However I can not imagine how much of a pain in the a$$ it is to keep this thing going on a monthly and daily basis. Esp. when the stuff starts flying. My understanding is that this has always been a no profit site and I am sure there are no paid positions. To put that much effort into keeping a thing going over family and work commitments is a huge project for anyone. I will tip my cap every time to the ones who have to do that work. And will respect the decisions that they make. Like most volunteer jobs, no one else is willing to do it, but many have plenty of input on just how it should be done.

I am way behind Jay in terms of ducks and kids so I will be committing myself to trying to catch up!

Till then, Eric and Chuck, thanks for keeping the lights on at the DHBP and for doing the hard parts that none of us sees.

Bob

Because of Eric I now have 6 boats I built and have completely changed the way I hunt birds . The first and last thing I do everyday is log in . This place is a wealth of info .Guys like Chuck and Tod make this place a good time. I'd gladly go to a strip joint with either one. THANKS GUYS

As a everyday on looker,I would like to thank you guys for a great forum.I have been a moderator on our fshing club forum and know that it is no easy task.I was always amazed at how good this forum ran and the information passed on.Thanks Again.

I do more reading than posting on this site. I want to say THANK YOU for allowing me this opportunity to have access to a world of information on duck boats,decoys and duck hunting.
Thanks Again
Greg Bryant

I would also like to thank Eric and Chuck for a wonderful site. I have followed Eric's workings since he started the Devlin boat build. However, I have only recently stared to comment on this site. It is a wonderful forum where I have learned a great deal and seee that our sport of waterfowling has great hope for the future. I come here almost everyday adn it always makes my day better when I do. Thanks Again for a Job Well Done!!

Thanks Todd for getting this thread going. I come to this forum several times a day and enjoy the discussions and banter. I don't contribute much, and really appreciate those that do. I feel like i "know" some folks on here just by reading their posts. I hope you always keep this going Thanks Eric. Trip

ITo the DBHP readers, I would ask a favor... when you are reacting to a post... read your comments, and then re-read them, and then delete them and don't send them.... I know I have on many occasions started a comment to a discussion, whether heated or not... and simply deleted it after I re-read it... considering not worthy of our archives. For this to be the great resource that it is requires some self-policing and some self-control. PMs are far better than on-line blowouts.

But again, the DBHP community owes Eric, Steve, and Chuck and all the long time contributors, past and present a great deal of gratitude for this valuable resource.

Dave

I had a conversation with TimJ about how he always seems to keep his cool at times and gets the best point across with as little words as possible. Maybe he has a limited vocabulary but I doubt...I think that he is a pretty smart guy. Tim responded "Mike, you don't know how many times I respond and then read what I wrote and realize that it won't contribute anything meaningful to the thread so I just delete it. (not sure if I am contributing anything meaningful here)

I have gone through the same thing with deleting post. I love a good debate as much as the next guy but it's the bickering that annoys the crap out of me. I wouldn't want Eric of Chuck's job. I do believe that they try to do the best that they can. If they didn't, why would they waste their time. I may not always agree but it's time to lick the wounds and move forward. I have gained friendships through this site that I may have not have achieved elsewhere. Good friends are hard to come by.....

Thanks guys, I do appreciate this site. I might not agree with some (very few) of the posts, but being different is what this is all about. I haved learned many things on this site from people who were doing things....different.

dc

A big thanks to Eric for starting and moderating this website. It is fun to visit and see what is going on around the duck hunting community.

And thanks to Steve for keeping the site going when Eric wanted to shut it down twice, keeping up with the business side of things and providing lots of entertainment and thought provoking discussion. I would truly be shocked if the site would be here today if he hadn't kept it running, and that would indeed be a shame.

Thanks to Chuck for moderating the site after Steve left. And for coordinating the travelling decoys the past several years as those are a lot of fun.

I've no doubts it's very time consuming to keep up with this place, even as "well behaved" as most folk are. Thanks again

Dani
Well said Dani.

Thank you guys for all you have done...hardly a day has gone by for the past 10-12 years where I haven't stuck my nose in here to see whats going on. We have made a lot of friends and lost a few good ones too along the way.

I appreciate that you have kept it going under all of the circumstances over the years that might have made lesser people just walk away.

Eric and Chuck,
Although I have been registered for under 5 years I had been lurking around for a few more. I visit this site daily just like reading the morning paper. You guys have a tough job and have been doing it well. Keep up the good work.

Back