Time to stand up and thank our moderators...

Thanks guys for you time, effort and the willingness to stick with it. I have been here since 1999 and only check in once and a while now but it is always nice to know that this iste is here. Great job

Being a site moderator is generally a thankless job. My thanks go out to those who do it here. It goes a long way to keeping things civil. Polite discussion seems to be disappearing from the internet. Healthy discussion of differing viewpoints does not need to be rude and condescending.

Discussion forums like duckboats seem to have an ebb and flow to them. While I haven't been on this site nearly as long as many of you I have seen a couple of ups and downs. We have lost a few good people along the way and seen a few others come and go as well. New sites will spring up with a different focus or a different set of ideals and some will even be successful in achieving what they wanted. I wish them well.

I have really enjoyed the time I have spent on this site. I have found interesting and thought provoking discussions, inspiring stories of great hunts and new boats and a passion for the sport we all share.

Thanks Eric and Chuck.
Being thankful for all the time and effort you put into this site should not just be a reflection of who agrees and disagrees with you. This site has connected many people who would have otherwise never known each other and I think we all can be thankful for that.

Tim

I haven't posted much for a while but I appreciate very much the work that both Eric and Chuck do to keep this site going especially lately and the work Sutton did in the past. It is a thankless task to say the least and we all benefit from it a great deal. I would also like to thank those that post regularly with pics and such to make this place what it has become, the best site on the web in my opinion.

Thank You all!!

I've called this place my home on the web for more than a decade now and words can't express how grateful I am to those who make it possible.

Why didn't someone warn me! Hunted all AM on 5 hours of sleep, get home and find out there's an essay exam. Well here goes:

DHBP means a great deal to me. Like many, I'm on multiple times a day. The site has been both a great source of knowledge as well as friends for some 13+ years now. I barely survived the box timeout period and do feel indebted to Steve for taking it upon his shoulders to keep it going. Chuck, thank you for taking over and I am really looking forward to hunting over your "James" decoy Sat. I know it will be a ball because I'll be with a great group of DHBP friends. I hear there's even food involved afterwards.

Eric, Who could have imagined what you were getting into when you set up your web site. You continue to be a great host, both figuratively and literally in my case. Thanks so much for all your efforts which provide so many with so much for so long!

I think I'll pop the top off a Yuengling in your honor.

Scott

Last edited:
Yes a big thank you! This is the only waterfowl site I can stand to look at every day. Filled with great info and great stories.

Eric and Chuck,
I also consider myself one of the 'ol guys who have been on board here for a quite a while. I can't really express how much this page has meant to me. Of course there is the info which can't be equaled anywhere else, the years of experience represented here would be an interesting number wouldn't it? The greatest thing that I have gotten from here though are the people I have gotten to know and call friends. The topper would be the trip to Argentina with Pete,Dani,Hitch,Scott and Woody. Small world stories are right at home here including connecting with the son of a high school teacher living half way across the country ( Hi Al ). Then there is the LaCrosse get together that is allways a VERY GOOD TIME.We all have suffered losses and joy together to the point of feeling like family. Thanks for doing what you have done and keep doing. Hard to put in words but know you are appreciated.

Last edited:
I found this site through a friend and hunting pardner - Lee Harker - We were old MLB friends - While having a few beverages after a days hunt in Canada he told me about your site - He loved the site and I have grown to appreciate it for the knowledge that is here..... Thanks Eric and Chuck for all you do.......

I'm a newbie--don't remember the old days. This is the best duck site out there--and one of the very few that is almost always productive.

Keep up the good work!

Thank You Eric and Chuck. I remember the old format. This forum has taught me so much and I have been lucky to meet some great people because of this forum. Aside from the hours of enjoyment looking at pictures and posts, this forum gave me the confidence to try carving decoys and building boats. I feel blessed that I was given that knowledge and that my two sons will have the opportunities to benefit from the knowledge. I rarely post because somebody always seems to "beat me to the punch". There are a lot of people here with a TON of knowledge and the coolest part is that they are always happy and quick to share. So again Thank you.

Thanks guys. This is the only waterfowl site I can handle. I'm kinda new but I think we all have a lot in common. You guys had my back when It got weird with me and some guy last spring.
Thank you-
-

This is one of the 'better' sites for sure. Usually here you don't have to deal with all the BS the other forums get, but hey, it's the internet!

I enjoy coming on this site as well and sharing some of my pics from time to time.

Thanks.

Eric and chuck ,, Thanks for handling what at times is a thankless job, keep up the good work, This is the BEST hunting site I know.

Fred

A big thank you to all who have served and are serving as moderators!!!!

This site is the homepage my internet brings up, and it's put me in contact with many fine folks over the years. Lovet o open the page and here that "IT"S TIME FOR MAIL CALL!"

Thanks for the great site and the job that the moderators here do. I always enjoy checking in to see what has been posted. Always felt like this was an adult site, in a good way. I think the fact that you have to post using your real name has always been one of the main factors in making this site what it is.

Thank you Eric and Chuck for keeping this site alive! I love this place and the stories and the people that also call this place home. I can't thank you enough for all of the good friends that I have made since I joined over 4 years ago. Wow! This IS the best site on the net, IMHO.

Back