Never have to many toys or to many duck boats My fleet consists of the folowing
1 18ft alumacract c/c
1 fiberglass canoe
1 aquapod
1 12ft alum jon boat
1 10 ft alum jon boat
1 layout boat
1 16ft grass boat

The kids also have kyacks Would like to get a pond box and a barnegat sneak boat

David I rely on a motto from my motocross days. The number of bikes (boats) needed is n+1 where n equals the current number owned. Of course that went out the window as soon as we returned from the honeymoon.

But she did buy me the plans to build a Broadbill for Father's Day!

You can never have to many boats. I have the following
21' Carolina Skiff
12' Higbee sneakbox
16' PolarKraft
UFO layout
Carsten Puddler
3 kayaks

Mark

Ain,t it great when you have to count. Lets start 1 AA broadbill- 1 roy boat -1 Herders Duck goose- 1fiberdome bluebill -1 14' JON -1 SKIFF- 1 Busik lay out -1 skeeter hustler - 1 Hybrid double ender. Should we count fishing boats next?

I have 29 duck boats mostly vintage wooden duck boats. The one I use the most
is a Lund 20' Alaskan tiller with a Bankes Hercules. I have sold 10 duck boats in the
last year.So now I have room to buy some more. He He.

Tom

I started telling my wife you cant count kayaks or canoes as boats shortly after I started accumulating boats. She has accepted this as a fact. So for me I have a lot less boats then you guys !

21' walkaound
18' garvey
12'Bob Fricke BBSB
12'Van Duyne BBSB
16' Anthony Bianco Double end scull
3- kayaks
pond box
And no place to put them all. I got rid of the trailer to the big boat a long time ago

Almost forgot,my x wife said I should get rid of my dog and quit hunting.I told her he was here before you and he will b here after you.and I'm gona quit hunting when they pry my dead frozen hands off my shotgun.

Don't remember where I heard this. Lock both your wife and dog in the trunk of your vehilce for the day. At the end of the day let them out. Which one is going to be happy to see you?

Actually this list is great. I have three boats (14' Lund, Hoefgen and Ducker) and the wifey thinks it is one too many. All I have to do is point her to this list and let her know how good she has it. At 3 I am WAY behind many here.......

Mark W

Last edited:
Gun, Dogs, AND boats the three things you can never have to many.
I have a couple,
a sit on top kyack, 16ft canoe, 2 marsh boats (forget the makes,) a Herters Goose Duck, AA Broadbill, a Delaware River scull boat (in pieces,) and my dads 16ft Starcraft.
amd always looking for more. Really hopethings work out rhis summer to getvthe scull boat back on the water.

Yup, I guess I started an avalanche.

The count on guns will come up later. I do need one of the Browning Cynergys in 3.5 inch. The good thing about guns though is they are not as big as boats, so one can be added to the cabinet and not noticed. When it is "Oh I have had that for a while"

yup,you did. but thanks!

i thought i was gonna be on the "high end" of boats owned,but i'm on the "low end"!

bruce
<<>>

and that is so true. i have used the line,"oh,i've had that for quite a while now" many times. it gets a look,and thats it!

Last edited:
Don't remember where I heard this. Lock both your wife and dog in the trunk of your vehilce for the day. At the end of the day let them out. Which one is going to be happy to see you?

Actually this list is great. I have three boats (14' Lund, Hoefgen and Ducker) and the wifey thinks it is one too many. All I have to do is point her to this list and let her know how good she has it. At 3 I am WAY behind many here.......

Mark W

Thanks Mark, you made me laugh with that one. I needed that today.

I would show this to my wife too if I thought it would help. I'm way behind with only two, a canoe and a Zack Taylor Wigeon. I would like to pick up a Momarsh Fatboy DP and tdbc 14.....and a traditional BBSB....and build a Devlin Cracler/Snowgoose.....and build a Sanford gunning box.....

I had to edit and ask this......If there is maybe too many...and you could have one....which boat would you have...

Last edited:
19 Bankes Crusader with 115 hp Yamaha
1754 Polarkraft tunnel boat with 60 hp Yamaha
1036 duracraft johnboat with 8 hp Mariner
10 foot aquapod painted in camo
10 foot aquapod painted in open water gray
17 foot Old Town royalex Tripper

Got most water covered for west coast, would love to add an Estuary by Dave Clark and a 37 foot Nordic Tug for the ultimate in tender/camp boats. Well you gotta dream even if it isn't likely to happen in this life.

Back