Wa. Brant Foundation

Yes Michael, sorry I failed to mention that. It is hollow Western Red Cedar, and painted in oils. I plan on making more from this body pattern and make several head positions. That will bring mt Brant rig to fifty. Thanks to all of you that commented on my work.

Tom,

Great decoy, I love it!

Do you regularly hunt brant with your whole rig or use lesser amounts in the rig. I have heard several guys just use 2-3 doz max (I also remember Zack Taylor often wrote how often they would fly into smaller numbers), while others I hear use significantly more. As I guy who does not hunt them I was just wondering your thoughts.

I hear that Brant Foundation event is rather nice, glad you guys all contribute.

Later,

Eric

Great looking decoy ! That should bring a handsome amount in the auction.

Last edited:
Way to go Tom.....that is one fine brant!! I think the paint on the side pockets is perfect!!! Good luck with the auction!!

Tom! That decoy is incredible. I love the way you painted the side pockets also. Who knows Maybe I can end up with that one.
Gary March

I know here the average is probably 5 to 6 dozen. Some run 4 dz not too many guys run small spreads but some do a couple days in the season if they think it'll work. Most run is 155 decoys that a biologist puts out every single day

Fine looking decoy! Very nice job. Driving along the LI sound yesterday I saw 10 brant picking the rocks for eel grass. Nice to see them still hanging around.
Jim/Fowlfishing

Back