Wyoming trip...

Great Trip TOD I absolutly love it around Devil's Tower I hunted for many years 12 miles up the road directly across from the entrance to the Tower. Did you see any Aliens?

Awesome post and pics. Looks like a great time. It's been years since I've been in country like that and it is truly a different world than what I am used to every day. Brings back alot of good memories- thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing your trip pictures. That would be a trip of a lifetime for me. Thanks again.

i didn't read every reply so hopefully i didn't miss it. What kind of gas mileage do you get with the canoe spoiler and towing the trailer.

i didn't read every reply so hopefully i didn't miss it. What kind of gas mileage do you get with the canoe spoiler and towing the trailer.

MPG is just North of 10 with no wind and can be as low as 7 in a stiff headwind.

T

Tod, Always like your trip reports. Glad you all had great, quality time together. Thanks for posting it.

Just got back from some time in your neck of the woods. Plan to be back in that area this season.

WOW! now that's home schooling. When I get my Honda VFR that will be my trip without the canoe, camper and comfort......but it's on my bucket list and I'm going to get it done.

Tod,

Looks like you and your family had a great trip.
I love those fossil fish!
After seeing your post I told my kids I know where our next fossil dig location will be.
I have been taking my kids fossil hunting for years and they really enjoy it. They still like going back to one of the first location I took them to in upstate NY.

Thanks for posting.

Tod,

Finally had a chance to sit down and look at the pics. WOW!! That had to be one hell of a fun trip. Thanks for posting all them up. I had the girlfriend look through them as well and it is now on the official to do list, doesn't get clearance until both parties approve ;)

I am sure the true story of Gus out fishing you and you crying is missing but thats ok. Gus looks like he had a great trip, pretty cool to find a place and activities that keep everyone busy and happy, hard to do I would think.

Hope all is well. Now get back to work!

I enjoyed the pictures Tod. That's an awesome trip! The rockhounding looks like a great family activity. Our boys would love finding all those fossils. All the wildlife is great too. Certainly "exotic" for someone from the east.

Nice turkeys. Does the one tom have multiple beards?

Tod,

Looks like you and your family had a great trip.
I love those fossil fish!
After seeing your post I told my kids I know where our next fossil dig location will be.
I have been taking my kids fossil hunting for years and they really enjoy it. They still like going back to one of the first location I took them to in upstate NY.

Thanks for posting.

Sorry John, I thought this thread had died. Thanks, where abouts in NY do you go?

T

Tod,

Finally had a chance to sit down and look at the pics. WOW!! That had to be one hell of a fun trip. Thanks for posting all them up. I had the girlfriend look through them as well and it is now on the official to do list, doesn't get clearance until both parties approve ;)

I am sure the true story of Gus out fishing you and you crying is missing but thats ok. Gus looks like he had a great trip, pretty cool to find a place and activities that keep everyone busy and happy, hard to do I would think.

Hope all is well. Now get back to work!

I got the pic of the brant when I was out there - cool that it is done already.

Gus doesn't often outfish me, Jen however... :).

T

I enjoyed the pictures Tod. That's an awesome trip! The rockhounding looks like a great family activity. Our boys would love finding all those fossils. All the wildlife is great too. Certainly "exotic" for someone from the east.

Nice turkeys. Does the one tom have multiple beards?

Thanks John. Sorry for not replying, I thought the post was dead.

No multiple beards on the Tom, just a wet bird after a rainy night on the roost.

T

You're a lucky man Tod!!! Looks like a great trip, the picture of Gus with that rainbow is going on the wall I hope. Great pictures!

I don't know about an upland trip this year, I'm starting to think the plan may be Alaska 2013 :)!!!!!!!!!

I was suppose to be heading to Alaska in exactly 1 week. Had to cancel.

What a great trip. Something the family should do as time passes us by. Thanks for the pics and for sharing the experience. Love these types of posts.

Mark W

I don't know about an upland trip this year, I'm starting to think the plan may be Alaska 2013 :)!!!!!!!!!

I was suppose to be heading to Alaska in exactly 1 week. Had to cancel.

What a great trip. Something the family should do as time passes us by. Thanks for the pics and for sharing the experience. Love these types of posts.

Mark W
Bummer Mark, I hope everything is OK. T

You're a lucky man Tod!!! Looks like a great trip, the picture of Gus with that rainbow is going on the wall I hope. Great pictures!

Thanks Troy. We are in discussions with a famous fish artist to incorporate it into a painting. :).

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll pencil that in even there is a good chance I could be well out from civilization again. Just like now deep in the heart of the Lost Coast....but still on line thanks to modern dish technology.

Just keep an eye on the snow load this winter and if its huge like last year the rivers will be high and unfishable for the most part until July. King salmon runs are tanking bad so you will need other plans for fish, so a mid July trip might be better for reds on the Kenai system. And pinks/humpies for Gus in Hope is a pretty obvious part of the plan if I was you. A little gold panning at the museum in town.

Hitting the back country through the Denali Highway for grayling and some lake trout in the Tangle Lakes.

Back