August - What's new on your workbench?

Last edited:
Hey RC, was that scoter at the Bay City Waterfowl decoy show? If it was, that bird looked great in the tank and the picture doesn't do it justice! Loved that bird! Great Job man!!!

Ward/ NEA class is underway, and keeping one step ahead of what they're learning has been occupying most of my decoy carving time. After being at this for a few decades, it's interesting to sort out all the stuff one does without giving the process a second thought -- so that new carvers don't get frustrated.

View attachment WardNEA 002_renamed_8905.jpg

Nice group of folks; ended up with 4 men; 2 women. Decided on a "frond-style" blackduck for our subject matter.

I have been keeping up with making more inlaid call sets. Here are some of the most recent:

Beautifully colored Salt-Cedar:

View attachment Richterset.jpg

Last of the Striped Maple I had on hand:

View attachment Ward2 007.jpg

Last edited:
wow Bob those striped maple calls are gorgeous! So much talent shows thru on these workbench threads! Look forward to seeing all the great work on here every month.

What. you couldn't find anyone but old farts? Kids are the future of this artifact fabrication, fella.

bass and oil simple gadwall.

gaddy814_zpsba6370f7.jpg
[/URL]

Here's a couple shots of the NJ Ward foundation class. Great group of Guys and Gals. We will have at least two more get togethers before the decoys are finished.

We are taking little different track, Everyone is doing a species of their choosing.......

Looks fun. Is that bench the fellow is setting on a knock down portable or a solid shop tool? Interesting bench.

Nice gadwall Tom. Looks great.

I'd like to join in Jode. Can I come up for the painting session for a little refresher?

Back