BBSB REBUILD dodger is all done

Chris,
You have done a wonderful job of rehabbing that old box. You should be very proud! I still think it should be seen at Tuckerton. As you've said, Bill has helped you along the way, but it was your efforts that makes it what it is today.

Chris the same goes for me. Great work! You SHOULD be very proud. And if you can take it to Tuckerton, by all means do it.

Kevin

Chris,
You have done a wonderful job of rehabbing that old box. You should be very proud! I still think it should be seen at Tuckerton. As you've said, Bill has helped you along the way, but it was your efforts that makes it what it is today.

I will be taking it to the Tuckerton show to show people and all you guys who wanna see it. It just win't be in the show.

Looks good Chris, got a quick question for you do you have a floor for inside the cockpit? I noticed in all your pictures it was missing. Chris

Yeah I made a floor out of white cedar with a removable board to clean out water and shells and stuff. I also made the front 18 inches compleatly removable to get the gas tank in and out from under the front deck. You can see in the 3rd picture that i have the removable part taken out. Here are a few pictures. I just haven't put them back in yet.

View attachment 141.jpg

View attachment 143.jpg

View attachment 146.jpg

View attachment 049.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words fellas. I hope to get her in the water next week. When does the bay grass in south jersey turn brown so I can cut it for the boat.

Chris,

You've done a great job and I've really enjoyed you sharing the step by step with the site. On the floor, re think those dogs on the removable board. I know they would bother me it I were hunting her. You're going to want to slide gear and scoot your but along to get you legs tucked under. Those raised dogs would cause me problems. I'd think a couple of tabs attached to the underside of removable board that tuck under the board next to it would keep it in place. Strategic placement by the floor stringers will keep the board from sliding fore and aft.

Really great job on the old sneak!
Scott

I was thinking the same thing on the center board I need to work up another idea. The one you said is a great one thanks Scott. Only 65days 9hours and 35min till opening day but who's counting. I can't wait

Chris you did one heck of a job on that boat. It looks great, but you're going to have more fun gunning from it this year!

I was thinking the same thing about the clips on the floor. I would be worried that you would rip your waders on them. I would just use a couple of SS screws. You probably aren't going to pull the floor board while hunting. Once home it's easily removed.

The grass in the marsh off the Delaware bay still has some green in it in November.

Chris,

The boat looks great. I'm sure you will have a great time with it this season. Be safe out there.

I'll be looking for you, and the boat, at Tuckerton!

I will be there both Sat. and Sun. but i have to work Sat night so I will have to leave the show at about 4pm on Sat. So I am thinking I will take the sneakbox to the show in Sunday. That way I will be there all day. I have never been to the tuckerton show. I wasn't sure how to go about bringing the sneakbox but not entering it in the show. I talked to Bill Simonsen and he gave me a name abd number of a lady to call and talk to about it. Any input about this would be great. I was told that I can just park my sneakbox in the parking lot. Bill Simonsen said he wasn't sure about that.

It would be cool if we could find safe place to park several, so the guys on the DHBP could all bring our sneakboxes and check them all out.... if you are not bringing your's until Sunday, I may have to make a weekend of it then... don't want to miss out on the deals by waiting until Sunday to first get there though....;)

Dave

It would be cool if we could find safe place to park several, so the guys on the DHBP could all bring our sneakboxes and check them all out.... if you are not bringing your's until Sunday, I may have to make a weekend of it then... don't want to miss out on the deals by waiting until Sunday to first get there though....;)

Dave
________________________________________________________________________________

That would be awesome to find a place to bring our sneakboxes. If you were only planing on coming Sat. I will bring it Sat. If I can I will call this number and talk to this lady and see if its ok if I park it in the lot. Also good point about missing the deals. The show starts at 7am on Sat.

Back