Decoy donations for the Lee Harker Memorial Hunt...

Pat Gregory

Every year we solicit for hand carved gunning decoys for the annual MLB Convention hunt. We do this with the intent to float them during the hunt, then auction them with the proceeds going to a charitable organization. Every year decoy carvers generously donate a single or pair of handmade gunners to contibute to the cause. Over the years, this has been an encouraging success. Charitable donations has included Ducks Unlimited, Long Point Waterfowling Association, Delta Waterfowl and others. This year, we will also accept hunters who are not carvers but care to donate a hand carved gunning decoy out of their collection as well.

This year, we are focusing our contributions on the 1st Annual Lee Harker Memorial Hunt on October 29, 30, and 31st on Houghton Lake. In honor of Lee, we are asking decoy carvers and hunters to consider donating any species of decoy of their choice to float during the hunt and then be auction, raffled or other means with the proceeds going to Michigan Ducks Unlimited. DU was actually Lee's choosing and a real passion of his. Mark Rongers is working on the means for this money to go to Michigan DU.

I encourage carvers and hunters to consider donating a handmade gunner in honor of Lee. Generally, we try to have a good portion of the decoys auctioned at the hunt. We will also be discussing making some available for auction online on either the Duckboat or MLB site for those who cannot make the hunt and wish to contribute by bidding. All with the focus of honoring Lee Harker and his passion for waterfowling.

Decoys will need to be mailed to Mark Rongers by October 20th if you aren't going on the hunt. If you are attending of course, you can simply bring your donated decoy with you. Also, once Terry Desilet has the brand done, we will start mailing and circulating the brand so you can brand your decoy with the special brand Terry so generously donated. Mailings will follow on that as well.

More details will follow on all of this. I will serve as the contact for this and field any questions. All I need now is to know what carvers and hunters will commit to donating a gunning decoy or pair in Lee's honor.

Lee was always the first one to step up in times like these. Now it's our chance to step up for him and his family. God bless all of you in advance for your generosity!

Pat,

Just as I said via email the other day...you can count on me for a decoy.

Best
Chuck

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank those who have already committed to donate a decoy in honor of Lee both on the Duckboat forum and on the MLB Site. May God bless each and everyone of you for your generosity! Lee is looking down and smiling on all of you!!

Last edited:
If you can use it, I will donate a 1/2 day Florida duck hunt for (2) two targeting BBWD, Fulvous, BWT, GWT & Mottleds.

The hunt includes guide, boats & dekes.

Since it's so late in the year, I will honor the hunt for either the 2009/2010 - 2010/2011 seasons.

All I'll ask for is a donation slip.

Capt Jeff Kraynik
The Coastal Sportsmen
www.coastalsportsmen.com

Capt. Jeff - This is awesome! We so appreciate your generosity!! Let me check with Mark Rongers on this and we'll get back to you. God bless you for your thoughtfulness!

Dear Captain Jeff,

What a REMARKABLE OFFER! Thank you so very much!! Some lucky hunter is going to take a trip of a lifetime, gunning with you. We will offer your most generous gesture in the Auctions that will be coming up.

Please contact me if you need anything, or if you have ideas.

God Bless you and yours,

Mark

Count the Ballard clan in. I think my. kids and I will all try and make a trio. I'll also hook the DU Regional Dir. up with Mark.

Pat,I do not carve decoys,but I do make hunting knives and the leather sheathes,would you guys and gals want one? I would be happy to make one.Let me know,thanks Brian Rippelmeyer

Brian - What a generous offer. Let me check with Mark Rongers and we'll get back to you. God bless you for your generosity! Pat

Back