February "What's on your Workbench?"

Nice work boys...

This little guy will be for sale at the Westlake Swim & Sell event. Stop by and say hi Saturday night if you're at the show...

12-GW01-2.jpg

12-GW01-3.jpg

Last edited:
Brad,

I've got the chilean torrent duck pair, African pygmy goose pair, pink-eared, Labrador, white-cheek, masked, and red-crested pochard in thr rig (also baikal and falcated drakes)...thinking the next shout either be a scaley-sided or Brazilian merg (2009 wwt report has some great razilian merg pics) or a crested shelduck pair....so many birds to carve.....

Clint

Brad,

I'd probably do better at Calusa with flies tied to imitate Mazuri starter than I would with a falcated decoy......maybe a muscovey hen??

Clint

Yeah, I know about it...may be a New Zealand shoveller decoy would work on an escapee like that......

Clint

Another fish just to stay consistent. :)

Brown Trout after a Wooly Bugger 7x14 acrylic

btrout800.jpg

Tim

Tim love the painting. Nicely done.

Thanks Sean and Tom. Yea those filbert spots go opposite the way you would normally do them. I had to think about that one! LOL!

Here's another old style pair I finished yesterday. Blair school and the 100+ year old rig that helped inspired them.( unfortunatley all repainted long ago) I tried to keep them pretty true to form right down to the green bottom paint and dowelled construction.

Jode,
I really like those pins. Very classic!

Tim,
I always like the apologetic approach. Sorry guys its another fish.. I like the fish keep posting them!

I have a few more on my bench now but I might be putting some in the pool at westlake..so I hear it poor manners to post before hand.

I've got a couple of pair of laysan for reference....wonder...should it be an older bird or younger?? Clyde has some kaola....have to get him to send some good reference...

Clint

Thank you Jode and Brandon.

Jode, I can see why those three inspired you. Nice job catching the style and adding a bit of your own.

Clint for just a moment I was thinking "How the heck is he going to get a koala decoy to self right?" :p

Tim

I was going to hold off on posting this one after Westlake, unfortunately it's not rule friendly LOL anyhow hollow red cedar and bass painted w/ acrylics.

Mike
Ringer_edited-1-1.jpg

Excellent work from everyone! Tim, I love that brownie! A wooly bugger is about the only fly that I can tie. Jode and Geoff, I love your style! MikeF, that is one beautiful Ringer! That's what I've been working on lately (mine will not be that nice). Here it is ready to be sealed and primed.
D-DogPics086.jpg

D-DogPics085.jpg

D-DogPics084.jpg

D-DogPics087.jpg

By the way, this is a pink foamboard decoy with burlap and acrylpro tile adhesive. The bill is Apoxie Sculpt and eyes are plastic.

Back