February Workbench..............

Pat --- thank you ... I cannot take credit for the body. That is pure Al McCormick. His designs was all function and durability. The head is mine.

Joe

Great birds all, John i really like the bob tail. Tough hard working decoys with no tail issues.
Thanks Bill , couldn't,t agree with you more,I swear they ride in the water the best , but that could be my imagination lol.

Colin, really like the body lines on that Black duck, nicely done Tom hope to have a few decoys at the LI show not sure if I will be able to attend though.

No John i think you are spot on. I just finished some black cork cans with composite keels, they self right and ride extremely well.

John - Nice bobtail!
Joe - You are hanging around the right crowd. Al made great, functional decoys!
Tom - I can decide if that scaup is Horner, Joe King or, Lloyd Parker? Am I close? Pat

Thanks Larry! Pat, thank you for the kind words and thats a hell of a bunch to be compare to. I studied a bunch of birds before I drew the pattern. Shourds, Horner,Parker, King and then drew what I thought looked like a good jersey bird. I'm happy with the outcome but I think my next ones will be with more Horner influence. Little shorter in length with a little different lines. Should be fun!

Good morning, Tom~

Great bird! I look forward to seeing it in person next Saturday. I think he will join a bunch of other of his species in the (first ever) Contemporary Decoy Exhibition.

BTW: I will be giving a talk the next day - at the LI Maritime Museum in West Sayville - DUCKBOATS Design, Building & Restoration. I will be posting details shortly.

All the best,

SJS

Thank you, Bill.
Last week, the "Spotify" playlists were set to Richie Havens, Van Morrison, and Richard Shindell. After we watched a video of "The Martian" last week I did listen to a little Bowie, as the song "Starman" seemed to be stuck in my head. ;-)

I finished painting my RBM with oils. For my first attempt at oils I'm satisfied. I definitely liked working with them and will continue migrating that direction.

B99B96D2-CE18-43CF-B780-FE51AAC6BD62_zpsyxkikgh6.jpg
[/URL]

30990992-F14F-4BA4-805F-BF84B5EF8CA9_zpsnb7pqp8d.jpg
[/URL]

C35DBB00-0211-462E-B506-FC387B40D42C_zpstx2oklmv.jpg
[/URL]

Back