H&H Outdoors duckbill head article online

My original push pole head finally gave up the ghost about 4 seasons back after 30+ seasons of use. Can't recall the name of the place now, but I found a replacement at a little tackle shop in the Carolinas that had an online presence. Called and ordered two at the insane price of 5 bucks each! Every bit as nice as the original one I had.
I get a lot of use out of my push pole while moving the TDB in the shallows. After 4 seasons, the one I replaced my old one with still looks brand new. Label on the bags say it was from Jeros Tackle in Rahway, NJ. IMGP0114.JPG A quick internet search shows Jeros as "permanently closed", but the picture of the building shown looks to be the same building that is now
Meg Tackle Imports in another name that came up in the search bar.

My original push pole head finally gave up the ghost about 4 seasons back after 30+ seasons of use. Can't recall the name of the place now, but I found a replacement at a little tackle shop in the Carolinas that had an online presence. Called and ordered two at the insane price of 5 bucks each! Every bit as nice as the original one I had.
I get a lot of use out of my push pole while moving the TDB in the shallows. After 4 seasons, the one I replaced my old one with still looks brand new. Label on the bags say it was from Jeros Tackle in Rahway, NJ. View attachment 54910 A quick internet search shows Jeros as "permanently closed", but the picture of the building shown looks to be the same building that is now
Meg Tackle Imports in another name that came up in the search bar.

I like the buying 2 just in case. :) I still have my original Herters, I hope it holds up to the end of my days.

I like the buying 2 just in case. :) I still have my original Herters, I hope it holds up to the end of my days.
In fresh water it will hold up. It's the salt that gets them. I get maybe 6 seasons out of them. Wish I had spare. And that thing is crooked, I had to go back and look. Nice eye.

In fresh water it will hold up. It's the salt that gets them. I get maybe 6 seasons out of them. Wish I had spare. And that thing is crooked, I had to go back and look. Nice eye.
Mine is going on 20 years of saltwater use. It is well galvanized and the only place it rusts are the edges where the galvanization is worn off. I'm am careful to keep the salt rinsed off my gear though.

Mine is going on 20 years of saltwater use. It is well galvanized and the only place it rusts are the edges where the galvanization is worn off. I'm am careful to keep the salt rinsed off my gear though.

Good for you to wash everything. Since our hunting camp is miles from the nearest fresh water wash down, that is not something I can easily do, but I applaud your attention to it. In addition, at 65, I profess a certain laziness and am often well chilled when I get back in, and rinsing my duckbill is something I would need to put in my phone reminders to make a habit of!

Back