January, 2016. What's on your workbench?

Tom Barb, I know this a little after the fact but as I got caught up tonight on what everyone has been carving I saw your sprig......Nice! Love the lines and attitude on that thing.

my God, you fellas are talented!

This is always one of the most enjoyable threads on this forum every month.

keep up the great work, and thank you all for sharing your art!

Thank you Andrew. It's all primed and ready to paint. Got a few in front of it but hopefully next month I'll have it done.

Dennis,

Your wife paints some beautiful waterfowling scenes. Cool how she blended the birds already on the ground into the bottom. Also, love the bird hanging in the mist in the upper left of that picture, as well as the suggestion of the V's of geese above.

Wouldn't put that on any floor of mine!

Hey Dennis,

I'm with MLBob. I wouldn't put it on the floor. But I have a question What is a floor cloth???

MLBob I like the tail on the last couple of sleepers or prinners. I also like the raised wings.... solid

Phil

Phil hope you dont mind i copied and pasted this.
Area canvas rugs, today known as floorcloth, had their start in 18th century England. Initially used by the wealthy, the designs and patterns mimicked parquet flooring, tile and marble. As these useful furnishings found their way into middle-class homes, the variety of patterns grew. When American colonists became independent from England, they also began to create their own floorcloths. Eventually the development of linoleum eliminated the interest in these rugs. However, in the past few decades, the desire to decorate homes in a more personal way has stimulated their popularity. Unique designs are made in a variety of styles and colors, using many techniques. This gives today's floorcloths the ability to be created for any style interior.

Some of the decoys I posted earlier in the month are closer to being finished.
20160121_125857_2.jpg

20160125_143300.jpg

20160125_135008_2.jpg

Bob, when you install a flared tailboard on a decoy like this, do you treat the intersection points on the outside edge with anything beyond Val-oil?

Just the Val Oil, Rick.

Down to my last case, so with any luck it will give out around the same time I do ;-)

Back