July -- What's new on your workbench?

Jode - Allison did good! The fruit doesn't fall to far from the tree... Hopefully she will keep that Canvasback in her own rig for a long time, and sooner or later a nice big Bull Can will show up.

Thanks Vince , the bird will be in her rig as long as she wants to use it! For sure!

I really like the lines of the killdeer Steve. Very nice.

Bill~

Once again, you hit the nail on the head with those 3 Blacks!

What are you using to glue/bed your heads and tails?

All the best,

SJS

Thank You steve...I love that kildeer!

I use gorilla glue on all of my cork birds, and deck screws secure everything in place, the head from below, and the tail from the undertail covert area. I like that it expands and therefore I feel like I have a little room for error when I am making my cutout area for the head/tail. I cut away any bubbled out glue, and then use either wood putty or a mix of bandsaw dust and tightbond III to fill in any gaps or voids..then its all sanded clean.

I used your thin/wide keel idea on these three, I will post up a view when they are done.

New on my work bench potty training my 3 year old son. Day 4 in underwear had a few incidents bur he is comming along. I'm looking toward to not having to shell out the cash for diapers.

Bill - Nice black ducks!

Chris - Hang in there. You might consider putting some duck hunting magazines in a magazine rack next to the stool. Works with most duck hunters... :)

Bill, Great looking Black Ducks. My wife would kill me if I had all that TP for a back drop. If we ever run out I know where it's all at.
Brandon, I like the bathtub birds. They will be a cool keepsake to pass down the line when the kids have kids.
Pat, Love the stamping.
David, Great pair of wood ducks.
Jode, I wish you were in the picture so we could see who is more proud. Congrats, to your daughter!
Steve, The Killdeer is amazing.
Here's what I am working on.....
My first Blackbelly .....

and my first pintail....

Al, thank you. I will do!

Jeff, LOL, you are right on that one.
Ps I really like the B-Belly, your carving is getting better with each one.

Last edited:
2932BD90-55FD-4434-95CE-DD882EE6B3C1_zpsl7bur9qm.jpg

Matt~

Beautiful Butterball! The paint is spectacular - I really like the way you did the white on the Hen.

All the best,

SJS

Back