Lee Harker's Passing

WTF.. that hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. prayers to his family. i'm sick of the young guys going too soon lately!

God Bless Lee and his family in this time of sorrow. Passing of a loved one is so very hard on the ones left behind. Please remember the good times, the lessons he shared with us, the great person that Lee was and how much he loved hunting with his grandson. He may be gone, but I know he will never be forgotten.

God Speed Lee.

I am sorry to hear of Lee's passing. I only know him through this web site, but he always had great posts, and contributed much over the years. He will be missed. We did exchange a few PMs, and I wish we had met in person. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

-Bill

Oh my sorry to ear that ...

Hope all the Lee Family have better day .. ( mes Sympathies )

Truly sad news. glad i got to spend time shooting the sh!t with him at westlake over the years. great guy. best wishes to the harker family. mark

I've been thinking about Lee and his family since hearing the news. I feel a great loss and never had the honor to meet him in person but still feel like he was a good friend. I can't imagaine the loss those close to him are feeling. He was a special gift to all of us. My deepest sympathy to all his family and friends.

Godspeed Lee.

Gene

Like many I have never had the chance to meet Lee - we all say that because when he reached you online - we felt like we had met a great guy and someone who would be the best to share a blind with.

My deepest sympathy to your family Lee and I hope in time they have only happy memories.

Lee I wish for you now Big Skies and Glory Days.

sarge

The passing of Lee is still hard for me wrap my mind around.... Since I read the post shortly after Paul Rutgers posted it, I have'nt been able to stop thinking about the "hole" that is left in the DHBP and the MLB. But more importantly the "hole" that is left in the Harker family and especially in the life of Blake.

I had the honor of meeting Lee on two different occasions. The first was at the Westlake decoy show in Ohio. I remember sharing a couple of beers with Lee and how he liked DARK beer. But the thing that really stuck with me was just how BIG of a man Lee was physically. I've now come to realize that only a man the size of Lee could house a heart the size of the one that Lee had. The second time I met Lee was as I was passing through his neck of the wood and I hooked up with him and his wife for dinner one evening at a local watering hole in Sturgis. Once again we shared a few beers, a steak and a hunting story or two. Before the bill arrived at the table, I got up to use the men's room and when I got back Lee had gotten my bill and paid for my dinner. That's just the sort of guy he was..... Prayers go out to the Harker family. Rest in Peace Lee.... You will be missed!

As the sun went over the yardarm yesterday evening I toasted Lee with an excellent libation and the following words.
"Fair winds and following seas Lee".
Harry

Man...... Been in the field the last few weeks. This is a shocker and a tragedy. My thoughts, prayers and well wishes for his family. I really enjoyed the times I visisted with Lee at Westlake, he was a true card!

We will all miss him......... A passionate waterfowler if there ever was one!

Omgoodness, Just opened the page in a week was gone on business trip... Shocked totaly this is a BIG loss not only for him real family but
the family of the DHBP. Been hangin on this place for years and always had fun with lee Bashin the Big Box Stores was like a secret alliance
in the lil guys in retail with him.

To your family Lee I pray for them and I understand the loss of a parent my Moms Birthday would of been on March 7th We lost her last May
with no real warning also. All of his family you know what a good man he was and we will also miss him dearly....

Lee was always a good friend and a good person.. Goodspeed

Dave Larsen

Last edited:
Been away from the DHBP for about a week and just checked in today.
My heart sank.
I had been praying for Lee and it bothered me that I had not seen a post in a while, it had me worried.
I swapped several emails and participated in alot of nonsense with him on this page. I did talk to him a couple of times on the phone.
He is a yard stick to be sure, one that many should measure themselves by.

Blake, know that your grandfather loved you beyond words. Believe me, he told us regularly. I am certain that you have an unending invitation to share a blind with anyone here. That is how much we all think of your dear grandfather!

God Speed, Lee, God Speed.

David "Dutch" Boersma

We'll all miss the stick people with the tin pot hats. One of the problems with an internet family like a regular family is that time passes and so do all of us. Some like Lee much too soon. I just got back from a trip and was shocked by the news of Lee's passing, blessings to his family.

Bill Wasson

My prayers to Lee's family. Like many here I only knew Lee from his post. I haven't been on DNBP for months, but something told me to look in. This sad and terrible news makes all our troubles and cares seem petty.
God bless you Lee and may the Lord keep your family close in these trying times.

Back