November "Whats on your Workbench?"

What can I say? I love black and white photos. If it were a color photo the coot would look essentially the same.

And here I was guessing that your floor tile was a nasty color or dirty :).

Dang, I wish my wife would let me paint in the kitchen...got everything you need in there...good light, heat, sink to wash up in , snacks (can't for get those) and a nice clean rag hung on the oven door.

Chuck

You would think that all wives would be all for painting in the kitchen - they have less far to walk to deliver beers.

Here's what I've got! I'm starting on a couple of pintails (my first). What do you think about the pattern?

pintail2.jpg

I just finished up this call yesterday, Osage barrel from an old fencepost that was buried in a creek for who knows how long. Outfitted here with an acrylic insert, been awhile since I've turned acrylic.

IMAG0506.jpg

I've been making a lot of foamer diver decoys, and I decided to use some left over flocking to spruce up my plastic greenheads.

IMAG0499.jpg

I'm also working on a few canadas to add to the spread.

IMAG0489.jpg

Here's some of my first diver decoys that I have already finished up, hoping to add another half dozen or so.

IMAG0482.jpg

What can I say? I love black and white photos. If it were a color photo the coot would look essentially the same.

And here I was guessing that your floor tile was a nasty color or dirty :).

Dang, I wish my wife would let me paint in the kitchen...got everything you need in there...good light, heat, sink to wash up in , snacks (can't for get those) and a nice clean rag hung on the oven door.

Chuck
Let me paint in the house? I had not thought to ask permission. She is pleasing to my eyes and her voice is pleasant to my ears...so I paint better when she is close by.

Thanks for the nice comments Gentlemen!. I have to admit I was worried that no one would like the Redhead. Goes to show you that risk taking does payoff-----------------sometimes.

Back to painting.

I think the Redhead looks awesome!

As always I am awed and inspired by the posts on this thread monthly!!!!!

Here are a pair of fish eaters off a Jim Daniel pattern, left them rough, rubbed off some paint. Still need to shellac them and wax them and ready them for the water.

P1030502.jpg

Tom: Great birds. I didn't get a chance to hunt the widgean we worked on last year but it's going to get wet this year.

Keep it coming guys.

Mike

Thanks Mike good to see you posting lets see some bird work!! I have hunted the wigeon I have every hunt this year so far and a lot of hunts last year. Have not downed a wigeon over it yet but it will happen.

Pat the guys getting these birds are merganser nuts they have a matched pair from some I carved in the Summer. Luckily I hunt with both of them so get to gun over the birds often. This pair looks very different tonight after I ragged on the Amber shellac and rubbed it in and off. It really added a nice fake patina and depth. Hope to wax them this weekend and might get them keeled too, so I can gun them before they are gone.

New Jersey Guys showing off all the time Geez... Blow the rest of us out of the water with the Decoys, and then Salt Hay puts a superior Paint-Job on Boats too. Cripes!

All I got is a couple average Ringers to show. Gotta up my Man-Level a few notches, and do something impressive. Maybe a Coot Rig... Nice one Ron, would I lose points for copying that idea?

2011RingneckPair.jpg

Last edited:
New Jersey Guys showing off all the time Geez... Blow the rest of us out of the water with the Decoys, and then Salt Hay puts a superior Paint-Job on Boats too. Cripes!

All I got is a couple average Ringers to show. Gotta up my Man-Level a few notches, and do something impressive. Maybe a Coot Rig... Nice one Ron, would I lose points for copying that idea?

2011RingneckPair.jpg
I gotta get one of them there ringers Derek. Copy all you want. Do you need any small blocks of cork? Are you back in Florida? I'm scouting the Glades 3 days next week if you are available.

David, nice work. Do you put gray feet/legs on it and a small motor so they slowly peddle while upside down in the middle of your set? Would Todd approve? ;>) Trip.

Back