Put on your drool bibs - All welded aluminum duck boat under construction

Hey Steve thanks for your input. I'll be passing though PA on the way home from WI when the boat is done. Love for you to see the 22' to get a feel for our product. and yes...the whole concept behind a Bones' was to give you guys a true multifaceted sport utility boat. We understand the costs of our boats need to be justified by not only the quality but functionality. I believe we have achieved just that in our unique design. 16's are next in line for us...I'll keep you posted on it's progress. Thanks again for reaching out....

Hmmmm maybe I moved back home from Madison, WI too soon, LOL

While I understand your interest and excitement - speaking from experience - once this aluminum boat business gets started the traditional wood over glass will be gone forever. Oregon has many manufacturers who will knock this boat off in a heart beat. I think he's doing a great job - I guess I hate to see the wood boats and some fiberglass designs go to the wayside. Progress - no stopping it.

While I understand your interest and excitement - speaking from experience - once this aluminum boat business gets started the traditional wood over glass will be gone forever. Oregon has many manufacturers who will knock this boat off in a heart beat. I think he's doing a great job - I guess I hate to see the wood boats and some fiberglass designs go to the wayside. Progress - no stopping it.

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the emails..good to chat. I spent sometime on your website and you really have quality product. www.watershedboats.com Is there any way we can camo them out :)... I think custom AL boats are hear to stay as well but I'm seeing the wood over glass boats still coming out strong around here from Maine. Think they are here to stay as well.

Please keep in touch and thanks again.

de

Davey - I am working on a very low profile cockpit 12ft. boat with a shollow draft high speed hull with swallow v - and tracking channels. It's an idea from the 60's duck boats and I will send you a picture when I have the working plug done. With a 15hp. it should run in the mid 20's. - good luck - Rick

While I understand your interest and excitement - speaking from experience - once this aluminum boat business gets started the traditional wood over glass will be gone forever. Oregon has many manufacturers who will knock this boat off in a heart beat. I think he's doing a great job - I guess I hate to see the wood boats and some fiberglass designs go to the wayside. Progress - no stopping it. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There are over 1400 boat manufacturers Registered the US Coast Guard. 300 of which are classifided as prodution mfgs. because they produce over 50 boats per year. The builders that are most likely to go under are in that group of 300. A good amount of them will either close or consolidate with other brands to save costs. Twenty years ago there were 500,000 boats made per year in the US. That number has fallen to 150,000 per year with roughly the same total amount of manufacturers. This industry has way more capacity then demand. That is what will be the down fall rather then aluminum boat builders. Most of the nitch market builders will servive. It's the main stream mauufacturers that are suseptable be it fiberglass or aluminum. As for glass over wood they will always be around because they are in a nitch market. Tom

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts.

Steve W: Hey, you were just a little south of us. Would have been a quick trip for you!
Rick: Looking forward to seeing that... sounds like a boat that will fit some needs for us duck hunters for sure!
Phil: I will, look forward to seeing you there.
Tom A: Thanks for that and I agree. The glass over wood are here to stay.

Ok, onto the pics. Hot work is 99% done.

Here's the console and final flooring tacked down...

Consoledoor-1.jpg

Here's the jump/dry storage seat tacked together: Went with rounded edges and raised lip to keep flotation cushion from sliding.

jumpseatstorage-1.jpg

Here's everything welded done. Going with an aftermarket hatch for access...

Console-3.jpg

Here we have the canine platform with soft patch unwelded for access.

DSC_0101.jpg

transom.jpg

Next..as you guessed is paint!!! Should be starting next week.

Have a great week and I'll have some more close up details pics coming soon!

Hey all,

Just wanted to post some updates and detail shots. We'll be sandblasting next Friday and then starting the paint process. I'll share the brands after she's all done.

Here's some shots...

storageseat.jpg

fuelfillpanel.jpg

closeinbow.jpg

softpatchcanplat.jpg

Bowinteriorshot.jpg

Doordown.jpg

More to follow after paint starts. Thanks for stopping and please keep those surveys coming. You guys have been great with your ideas and custom thoughts!!! www.bonesboats.com

Have a great weekend!!!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some more pics up prior to prep and paint. We cut and fit all accessories then remove prior to paint.

consolesteer.jpg

consoleseathatch.jpg

fuelfillpanel.jpg

storageseat.jpg

She's getting sandblasted on Friday and primed and painted over the weekend. Thanks for visiting!!!

Hey guys,

Got her blasted, primed and taped up for final camo coats.

Enjoy and thanks for visiting...

Blasted...

sandblastedside.jpg

Primed...

primercoat.jpg

Decals on...

Logostarboard.jpg

Taped for camo pattern...

bowtaped.jpg

Bottom painted...

stern-1.jpg

and interior prepped...

console-4.jpg

More to come over the next couple days...

de

ST: Thanks...she's a brute.

Here's some pics of the black going on. The light grey was done today. Should have some of those pics up soon.

Thanks for visiting...

sternpaper-1.jpg

sternblack.jpg

Starbowblack.jpg

interiorblack.jpg

tapedamdpapered.jpg

Enjoy!!!

de

Here's some quick pics of the logo and light grey paint.

Logogrey.jpg

Logogreystar.jpg

canineplatformgrey.jpg

Should have some dark grey on her tonight so those pics will follow shortly!

Thanks for stopping by.

de

Hi guys,

Been getting some feedback on the hard lines between the colors. Tried to do a little more fading on the port side. Let us know your thoughts.

Blendedlinesport.jpg

justbowfade.jpg

portbow.jpg

transomfade.jpg

Have a great week and thank you for viewing our thread.

de

Looks nice. Now Davey, after the thousands your spending building the boat, and sick amount of money you are spending on the motor.......the motor is getting the same paint job, right? I chuckle when guys get all freaky about painting their 25hp 2 strokes.....

Back