shell lake mallard queen I.D.

Heres todays installment. I glassed the decks and because of the hot weather here my resin was setting up faster than normal so I ended up with a little puddling of the resin . Really the first kink in the project. I will have to spend a little more time sanding and fairing. I also cut the rub rails out on the table saw. I need to pass them through the router before installing.

Bob~

Sorry you had to struggle with the resin.

What did you make your rails from? They look like they might be Ash?

All the best,

SJS

aaaathe keel was fastened from the inside using bronze finishing washers and screws the half ribs were fastened with one inch ring shank nails

Got the oarlocks roughed out . Thanks to Tom Wilkins, Derek and Lou for the pics of the old ones. Ordered paint from LSB. Sealed interior.

I beveled the edges of the locs so they sit straight on the angled side decks. I need to get some hardware to fasten. I did get one of the stem bands on today and some more sanding of epoxy drips and bumps.

Thanks everyone who enjoyed this post as it was fun for me to share it with all of you. I have a little fine tuning to do but its all done except for the crying. I appreciate everyones input and help with missing pieces of the puzzle. Bob

Looks great Man! That was a lot of work. Impressive start to finish time in my opinion. Really looks nice. Gratifying to Hunt from I'll bet...

Back