Sneakbox Hard Dodger

Eric Patterson said:
Sometimes I will do something over, sometimes I accept it and move on. Eric

[size 4] Sounds like a good sign to put in a shop [;)]

Seriously though, the dodger looks to be a well-thought out addition. Will be fun to follow this one through to when you have completed it.

Thanks Bob. The next sign in my shop probably ought to read "Caution! Irritated woodworker with too many projects underway. May blow at any time." Or it might also read "When you are done with it, PUT IT BACK!"

Last edited:
Greg

I hope to make the grass rail this weekend. Probably going the bent lamination route. I'll post pics of the process and the completed grassed up dodger. Thanks.

Eric

[size 4] The sign in my shop should read : " Where is the damn tool I just put down somewhere 20 seconds ago !!!"

Last edited:
MLBob Furia said:
The sign in my shop should read : " Where is the damn tool I just put down somewhere 20 seconds ago !!!"

My tools should come with beepers. I lost an 8 X 10 cover plate yesterday for 15 minutes. In my defense, it had fallen from the ATV and was laying beneath the ATV.

Good morning, Eric~

Congratulations! Beautiful design and workmanship all around!

Question: What are those latches you use to hold the Dodger in place ? Similar to hood latches on Jeeps and such. Nylon and stainless?

All the best,

SJS

That's Top Shelf for sure, I love realizing a vision. The hold downs are a great idea, beautiful decoys and quite a sound system in that shop, geeez.....

Steve

The link below will take you to info on the handles (latches) I used. They are rubber. Just in case they were to fail I put in a check cord that prevents the dodger from blowing away while trailering or driving the boat. If I need to remove the dodger to get under a low limb it isn't too much trouble.

https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber-latches

Thanks.

Eric

Eric,
That came out nice! Not sure what looks better- the boat or your shop! What kind of paint are you using on your boats?

Take care,
Bill

You did a great job on the dodger Eric. Your shop is beautiful. And clean. Scarily, unnaturally clean [sly]

Back