What's on the Workbench in September...

some interior pics of shop

6f11a803.jpg

some blackjacks

378898b8.jpg

My buddies were ribbing me about that too. They were waiting for Keebler Elves to come running out with cookies. I had to man up the photo with the new Kara peaking out in the corner. Thanks for the kind words on the ringbills. Illinois river style. Made a bunch of them recently and given half away. bob

Looks like there's been a bunch of busy beavers getting ready for the up coming season. Some nice looking blocks out there.
I have been pretty busy at work and have not had as much free time as I would like, but I have started work on the BBIII I picked up from Brandon.

My friend Dominick has been working on getting Lee's old BBII set up for this season with some modifications from how it was last season. He has a close copy of the dodger set up I had on my last boat and he is in the process of adding some frame work to make side and aft blinds.

I have ban him from my shop because every time he comes over he copies what I'm doing. So, I have told him he can take his last look at the boat and the next time he will see it will be at the South Shore Water Fowlers Show in October. That should fix him. Haha

He is almost done with his boat so once he drills all the holes to mount the hardware and fittings I should not have to wory about it. I don't think he will tear it apart before the season starts. LOL , then I'll post up some photos.

Looks good Bob! Shooting any teal down on Quiver? When they fill the South Pool this year, you guys should hammer'em... Pat

Thanks guys the ringers should hunt . I think the whole valley should be good this year, but we could use some water. bob

Here is a pair of self righting hollow cedar and oils Buffleheads. I made for auction for the Delta Delaware River Chapter.

DSC02968.jpg

Those are cool indeed. Buffies.

Jode - Like the Black sleeper too quite a lot.

Teal, and Cans all very nice. Cool dekes, and projects again this month.

Here's another one of my "Heavy Petting" technique oil birds. Oils work great for this tecnique. Hollow Cedar with hardwood stuff added, and a tail insert idea I copied from another Carver. ;)

IMG_20120907_115845.jpg

IMG_20120907_115939.jpg

IMG_20120907_115922.jpg

A few from this weekend;

call-571--whistle.jpg

Jerusalem Olive with matching whistle

call-574.jpg

Bilg Leaf Maple Burl ( acrylic stabilized and double dyed)

call-577.jpg

Spalted Pecan

call-573.jpg

Hard Maple Burl

call-572.jpg

Bodock

Last edited:
Man there are some awesome decoys this month Sean Sutton the buffleheads are beauties as aare all the entries this month .I have a Mallard hen cork decoy this month to add to the mix .
Bob M
susie2-1.jpg

Nice calls...

Is the bois d'arc dyed, or is it truly green from wood that has been buried for a while, ie old fence posts?

Back