What's on the Workbench in September...

8437A250-E310-4345-A266-D2AA98D614C8-2173-00000286453D3B1C.jpg

Repurposing some rotten, oversized, black cork mallards into teal.

Geoff,

I got an text by the new proud owner...One of my hunting partners about his new birds added to his collection...

Wonderful birds!

Regards,
Kristan

Geoff,

I got an text by the new proud owner...One of my hunting partners about his new birds added to his collection...

Wonderful birds!

Regards,
Kristan

Perhaps the redhead and I can come and visit Texan waters this year.

Lots of good stuff as always guys. Love the cans and Geoff sweet pair of Drakes.

Here's a Shang inspired black duck I finished last month, but with working on the house didn't get a chance to post on the August thread.

jode that Shang is one of my favorites you did it justice. More wet oils for those who like the smell.

AE132724.jpg

like doing these little dudes they combine a lot of techniques used on bigger birds but they gun great and make a good gift.

One of the first things I did when we bought our house 25 years ago was to build the decoy shop. It started pretty small and grew through three additions. There isnt a straight wall in the place. Over the years I learned a little about framing and carpentry so the later work is a little more by the book. Before cell phones it was far enough away from the back door ,and if SHE wanted me for something she would have to come out and get me, now she just texts. Ive built a bunch of boats out of her as well as hundreds of decoys. Its a good hideout and every once in awhile I make a honeydo project out there just to keep the peace. Im just learning to post photos by myself after all thes years so I will get some interior shots up shortly

Back