Devlin’s Mallard Build

Well thank you sir, we (my boys and dog) hope to have some really memorable times hunting this boat. Mr. Sam Devlin really designs a “pretty” lookin hunting boat.

So I think I’m going to reinforce underneath of the deck just under the coamings with a strip of 1 1/2” rip of 3/8” okoume. This way I can use ss screw from the bottom up to try and “tame” the oak coamings into shape and not rip the fasteners through the edge of deck when it fights back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 9
Shawn

When I refurbed my Brant last winter I realized today's led strip lights are a really good addition to light the cockpit. If you let the deck extend over the knees about 1/2 - 3/4" you have a place to run them the entire length of the cockpit. Just thought I'd mention this.

Shawn

When I refurbed my Brant last winter I realized today's led strip lights are a really good addition to light the cockpit. If you let the deck extend over the knees about 1/2 - 3/4" you have a place to run them the entire length of the cockpit. Just thought I'd mention this.
Great idea, I will add some sort of led lighting too, just haven’t formulated what yet. It’s to late for me to extend the decking, but I could notch the top of the knees to allow the led strip to pass.

Back