No Name Scull Boat Build......update........ We named her the Double Nickel.........

Dale, very nice. Love her lines.
"You do first class work. Beautiful build and fantastic photo essay."

Best - Paul

Thanks Paul, Curvy, just like your favorite girl...........

Sitting there on that black trailer makes it look like a package of death for Mr. duck. That was an awesome build.

Eddie

Yeah, I extended the tongue on a jet ski trailer, and I thought the black trailer, with the green boat, would look cool........... Thanks

Very cool build. As silly as this sounds I found the mold and plug builds very interesting. Good looking rig, lov the skull and crossbones.

Thanks for posting, good luck w it next season.

Phil

Thanks Phil, That is the part, That I mostly wanted to share. I think It's a simple way to build any small boat.

Dale,

Very, very nice!

Just curious. Is it easy to register homemade boats out there? Here in Illinois they've made it so complicated it's nearly impossible to register a homemade boat. The one guy I met while investigating the process had a buddy in another state register his boat for him because it was easier. Then he took that states title and registration and transferred it to his name in Illinois.

We don't have to register human powered boats in CA. It's not tough to register power boats.

Here are some pics of our boats in action, and some hunt results. Also s few pics of birds while sculling.

If you happen to be a duck or goose, this might be the last thing you will ever see.........

Dale you and Old Leonard certainly made that look easy and very good. From the pictures the boats certainly perform the way they are supposed to. Are you happy with the handling of the hull design?? Again the boats look great!!

"Yeah, I extended the tongue on a jet ski trailer, and I thought the black trailer, with the green boat, would look cool........... Thanks "

Dale, the profile on photo #4 gives the impression she is built for speed, with the trailer she looks like a dragster.;>) again a fantastic thread, I really enjoyed this post. And it's not just because we've been snowed in...ha

Best - Paul

awesome pics i am very jealous of your boat and your birds.

i only had my float out 2 times this year. i towed her around scouting 2 more times but it was low tide and there was NOT 1 BIRD in all of the tidal bays.

Beautiful work, I really enjoyed reading your photo essay of the build. The hunt photos show a wonderful diversity of birds too - wow.

Be careful, you are going to convince people that sculling is a good way to kill ducks.

I always wondered what they made camo Crocs for. lol!

Sweet boat and some sweet hunts.

How did you attach the camo netting? Looks like you did a good job getting it right to but no below the waterline.

it is also a lot of work, Dale left that out. haha

but you do get birds

Oh, I know how much work it is and it isn't my cup of tea, but I appreciate that it can be a great way to hunt.

There was also a bit of an inside joke there from a ways back.

Id rather scull than hunt over decoys i get more opportunities.

But i enjoy messing around and shooting the shit with a couple buddies more than shooting a bird. With hunting mainly saturdays when every one is off we usually take 2 boats and have six guys just because we like to laugh at dirty jokes and cook food

Wow, Great build, Awesome pictures of the boats in action.

Now how about a video maybe a go-pro mounted on the front as you stalk some ducks?

Have never sculled before but thinking about it now!

Thanks for taking the time to post all this it was great!

Dale you and Old Leonard certainly made that look easy and very good. From the pictures the boats certainly perform the way they are supposed to. Are you happy with the handling of the hull design?? Again the boats look great!!

Thanks Dave,

Over all I’m very happy. Old Leonard wants ta add a couple creature comforts to his boat. He wants to add a shelf to the rear area, next to his left shoulder. And he wants to add wiring, so he can plug in the electric motor in the stern, so he doesn’t have wires getting tangled.

Dale

"Yeah, I extended the tongue on a jet ski trailer, and I thought the black trailer, with the green boat, would look cool........... Thanks "

Dale, the profile on photo #4 gives the impression she is built for speed, with the trailer she looks like a dragster.;>) again a fantastic thread, I really enjoyed this post. And it's not just because we've been snowed in...ha

Best - Paul

Paul, I have another scull boat that is faster, I'm thinking I might redo the deck on that one. Still undecided.... As far as snow goes........ please send some over to the Sierra Nevada mtns. This drought is starting to get scary!

Back