Whatcha Listening To?

I don't know why this hit me tonight but without a doubt one of the defining bands of the 80s that might not get mentioned as much as their influence deserves is New Order. Their catalog is chalked full of great hits that I guarantee will take you back to 80s college rock like few bands can.

I was there !

Every time I think of this day it makes the hair on my arms stand up.

I always look to see if I can spot me, or the people that I was with in the crowd,

but I can't find us. The band just blew us away that day. I ran out and bought their

new album Street Survivors. It was only a few days later that their plane crashed.

Such a sad day.....if you never seen the cover of that album it has flames at the bottom, very spooky.....

Dale

I remember the very day of the plane crash. I was traveling with a friend to stay with his grandparents in Paris Tennessee for the weekend. The crash was on a Thursday night and the story was all over the radio while driving up on Friday. Funny how a historical event can make a forgettable moment in time unforgettable.

I like lots of different types of music. Get tired of mainstream stuff though.
I'm drawn to lesser known people.........
Like Daniel " Homeless " Mustard

I've been a country player for the past 50 years but have always had an interest in the blues. Lately I've been spending time listening to old Muddy Waters. BB King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Tab Benoit, Samantha Fish and Kevin Fowler as well as new guys and girls like Larkin Poe, Marcus King and Kingfish Ingram. Also what's on my bench? Building a new pickguard for my Stratocaster guitar and adding what's called a "Treble Bleed" circuit. It allows you to back off the volume without your sound getting muddy which is inherit in standard wiring. I know, it's not a decoy or a boat.... 😂 I'll be working on the boat when I can get outside.

Attachments

• IMG_20240226_140146678_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240226_140146678_HDR.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 7
Tim

Jeez, you just made my brain's ear collateral damage when you unleashed one of the most annoying songs ever released on poor Carl. I mean really, did a Flock of Seagulls video deserve a Men Without Hates response? That there is some Genghis Khan like revenge.

Tim

Jeez, you just made my brain's ear collateral damage when you unleashed one of the most annoying songs ever released on poor Carl. I mean really, did a Flock of Seagulls video deserve a Men Without Hates response? That there is some Genghis Khan like revenge.
I was going to go with "Mickey" but I'm a follower of Robert Ruark's adage "Use enough gun." 🤪

damn, this got ugly fast.
I thought we were all friends.
But hey, your friends don't dance, And if they don't dance, Well, they're no friends of mine.....

:ROFLMAO:

Back