MAY What's On Your Workbench?

Sometimes I just can't believe I'm friends with a guy who carves and paints mergs....for fun;-) Are those drakes going to be as bright as some of your teal from last year's rig?

cool bird Dave, in the rulings for contests on that bird are they judged only at night? :)

set of dollar ducks, need to let the epoxy dry, sand some and get ready to paint. Rig of redhead drakes next.

4EA69ADC_zps51e90a3d.jpg

Dave

Yer really on a roll, and I like how tidy your bandsaw area is....... If you ever should need to reglue after cuttin' off to much, ya know right where to look.

I know George is your mentor, but I think your decoys and his differ in individual ways, that puts the stamp on each of your works.

Lots of good work this month, even though Turkey huntin' and Fishin' are in full swing. Thanks to all for posting.

Pat,
Love the teal. Is it bad when you know where you favorite chisel is... right on top of the drawer of knives balancing on the drawer of lag bolts?

Andrew, That's it you have to bring your own teal decoys next time if you want to hunt since mine are to bright!

Thanks for that step by step, Dave. I was just thinking how special that piece of wood is to you, knowing that your father planted the tree back then. Well done. I sure hope you'll take a picture of the heron when done.
Al

Last edited:
Great work this month as always. Thought I might put a couple up as well...

IMAG0136_zps65622ca1.jpg
[/URL]

Hollow cedar.....

IMAG0138_zpsfba63de3.jpg
[/URL]

Cork...

Gotta work on taking better pictures!

Had this guy carved for a month or two along with a couple more. Wasn't ready to go home but didn't have enough motivation left to carve anything tonight I decided to paint. I've been all over the map with painting from rust oleum and tubes to FME to strait tubes. Almost a couple years ago I bought some "good paints" and this was the first thing I really used them on. Biggest lesson today- cad yellow is STRONG when it comes time to tint!

CF148BD8-2E68-4B54-8EA7-1E980237092A-4447-000007074D414A9B_zpsf5b7f83c.jpg
[/image]

Still gotta paint the bottom and the butt patches

Last edited:
Jim Pauly and Pat, Its the month of the teal. Nice work Gents.

Tom, you keep putting birds out at this rate and we are going to start making references to Pat.

Back