No Name Scull Boat Build......update........ We named her the Double Nickel.........

Is the 5200 the normal cure or the fast cure? I have had bad luck using the fast cure on the two boats I have built recently. It last about a year then it starts to separate. I have to repair some wood rot already on one of the boats I did because of it.

What are you going to use for a sock?

Dale,
That is one stealthy looking boat. I love the lines and your craftsmanship. I have to say you made my day. Being one that doesn't have a lot of specialty tools including a hole depth gage I do employ the painters tape depth gage quit often. My hat is off to you. Still don't think I can build a boat though! Great job.

Is the 5200 the normal cure or the fast cure? I have had bad luck using the fast cure on the two boats I have built recently. It last about a year then it starts to separate. I have to repair some wood rot already on one of the boats I did because of it.

What are you going to use for a sock?

Tom,
I use the slow cure. I once, tried to remove a piece of brass that was bedded with 5200. I had to cut through the wood to remove it. I use 1/4" neoprene, from an old wet suit.
Dale

Last edited:
Dale,
That is one stealthy looking boat. I love the lines and your craftsmanship. I have to say you made my day. Being one that doesn't have a lot of specialty tools including a hole depth gage I do employ the painters tape depth gage quit often. My hat is off to you. Still don't think I can build a boat though! Great job.

What would we do without tape? I use tape for everything, even bandages!

Dale

After much sanding, and faring, using 3M waterproof vinyl ester, marine premium filler. And a couple coats of Lou’s # 28 dead grass green FME, she’s ready to go................ low-n-slow.............................

one word to sum this boat up SEXY!! man the curves on her are outstanding great build I enjoyed following.

Sitting there on that black trailer makes it look like a package of death for Mr. duck. That was an awesome build.

Eddie

Very cool build. As silly as this sounds I found the mold and plug builds very interesting. Good looking rig, lov the skull and crossbones.

Thanks for posting, good luck w it next season.

Phil

Dale,

Very, very nice!

Just curious. Is it easy to register homemade boats out there? Here in Illinois they've made it so complicated it's nearly impossible to register a homemade boat. The one guy I met while investigating the process had a buddy in another state register his boat for him because it was easier. Then he took that states title and registration and transferred it to his name in Illinois.

Back