Whats on the workbench in April.

I think I say this every time, but there's some great stuff on here as usual! Lots of inspiration and some great references and great advice comes from this thread each month, and I appreciate it!

Here's what I've been working on as of late;
P4130182.jpg

Here is the reference (thanks to Brian Rhodes)
black6.jpg

I like those birds bender. Gotta a Great Lakes look to um.

Here is a pic from St. Micheal's . From this past weekend.
Left to right. Me, Eddy Wozny, Reggy Birch, Oliver Lawson, Bill Gibian , and George Strunk.

DSCN3148_1_.jpg_src_.jpg
may not be a cooler photo ever posted on this photo. justin

Okay, that does it, I can't post anything more on this thread, this month...

Okay, I lied...

Canvas-backed canvas back...in Griz-ale, otherwise known as monocrome base coat...

9b394b0c.jpg

OH, and I have a special light bulb too...it helps me to see in the dark...

790adf2f.jpg

Locke:
Great looking Black, love the position. Any chance you would do would another. I would like to present one to my Father, a life-long Black Duck Hunter on the East End of Long Island. Sad his hunting days have passed, but I love to listen to his hunting stories. Thank You for the Time, Dave

I think I say this every time, but there's some great stuff on here as usual! Lots of inspiration and some great references and great advice comes from this thread each month, and I appreciate it!

Here's what I've been working on as of late;
P4130182.jpg

This is going to be a really cool project. That is quite the animated bird to attempt.

Bob, more pictures, more pictures. Man half of him is covered up.

Scotty,

Only a bit more than half of him is painted!

Give me a few days and I'll have him done..... besides, I'm figuring this one out as I go along ;-)

After that, I'm sure there will be lots of "tweaking" when I've spent some time looking. Already considering reworking the undertail coverts (a bit too dark).

View attachment GarganeyFrond 001 (2) (600 x 399).jpg

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Already considering reworking the undertail coverts (a bit too dark).

Bob,

"
[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]the undertail coverts",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, really???? When the ducks get close enough to notice THAT,,,,,,,,,,, you should be pulling the trigger! It is, after all, only a decoy--- right?

(Just yanking your chain) nice work BTW :>)
[/font]

Back